Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

They were the inferior team.This is the same as the Liverpool league games when we didn’t kill them off when they are the inferior team.
Not a penalty For me.
Rest KDB at the weekend.

We were brilliant. Never a pen it it hits his head first he has to have his hands up for balance!
Sorry peo
He was way too tight on him to react. Lovely assist for the Foden goal mind.
Indeed.
Think both teams deserve credit for the way that game was played too. Was a world away from the atletico game, felt like it was a well spirited and fairly contested game by both teams all through (which is rare nowadays).
Fully agree great game of ball.

Great game,but like many, feel we deserved another couple of goals at least. R.M.got their 3goals from one offs ,we hit the post and numerous near misses.Think we will be a bit more pragmatic at their place,as we did against Athletico.CTID

Don’t agree. Laporte had to come across - it was a terrible decision by him. So obvious that he was the only one who had a chance to shut that down.
fair enough but Laporte was never getting near him his best bet was to close the middle down

I agree it was an unfortunate one more than anything really, his arm shouldn’t be there but the way it deflected off his head to arm was just bad luck. But it’s hard to see how they would come up with rules where that kind of thing isn’t handball.

At least we didn’t have that Everton one given against us - and that might end up winning us the premier league and sending Everton down.

Yeah I agree, not something they’d really be able to change but I just think sometimes a penalty is overly awarding the attacking team in some situations. One of those where you win some, you lose some as you say though.

1st - Mahrez shits out of a tackle against fucking Modric.
2nd - Fern misses a tackle on the halfway line and Laporte watches Vinicius run 60 fucking yards and jogs alongside him without engaging.
3rd - Laporte heads against his own hand.
The 3rd goal was unlucky, there was nothing he could do about that

Agree with you about the 1st and 2nd goals though.

I said it after the FA cup semi - Fern is done at the top level. When he gets up to top speed he's not far off the pace but whenever he needs to turn and chase he loses 2 / 3 yards to most players now. Against jnr it was 5 / 6 yards. That clear weakness changed the game for us - we had to drop deeper quickly once we lost it and that doesn't suit our style at all.
Laporte more guilty than Fern. Just watch the angle of his defensive run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.