Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Still too many flappers here.

Sensible fans would recognise that any kind of win, regardless of how slender, was all we needed last night. Now for the return fixture we'll have Walker and Cancelo available instead of having to turn to an almost 37 year old midfielder to plug a fullback hole.

We were always going to concede when Stones went out. Yes we should have scored more, but we got the win and the gulf in class between ourselves and Madrid, despite said selection woes, should inspire confidence that we'll get through.

Still too many flappers here.

Sensible fans would recognise that any kind of win, regardless of how slender, was all we needed last night. Now for the return fixture we'll have Walker and Cancelo available instead of having to turn to an almost 37 year old midfielder to plug a fullback hole.

We were always going to concede when Stones went out. Yes we should have scored more, but we got the win and the gulf in class between ourselves and Madrid, despite said selection woes, should inspire confidence that we'll get through.
Nothing to do with flapping,you clearly cant see the wood for the trees.

People are highlighting and discussing both our strengths and weaknesses,as you do on a discussion board.

Stones could have had just as tough a time with Vinicius,he coud just have easily made a poor challenge,and your most definitely wishful thinking if you believe he could have matched the kid for speed.

We are the better team,but we are also the more naive.Hopefully Walker is back,as that will make our task of progression that much easier.

C
On reflection......we are going into the second leg with an advantage having come through a strange but brilliant game minus our full backs,so from that perspective it was a wonderful result.

However......we simply have to cut out the stupidity and naivety,and we need to be more ruthless and focused.We always boss possession and we always get into situations that should be taken advantage of,but that final play/ruthlessness is nearly always missing and our own clumsiness often results in us being punished.

I think we need a couple more characters with that prized inner strength and leadership,a killer instinct......players that will stand up and inspire when the going gets tough,or Plan A is not working.

We are brilliant,but with a few tweaks and minor squad surgery,we are very close to being unstoppable.
Come on, leadership, that wasn’t a problem last night. We concede a goal by 2 defensive brain farts, and another unlucky goal with a’handball’. Defensively, even with our first choice FB out, we were fairly solid. Walker and cancelo back 4 a more solid unit.
They will be shit scared of us next week

C

Come on, leadership, that wasn’t a problem last night. We concede a goal by 2 defensive brain farts, and another unlucky goal with a’handball’. Defensively, even with our first choice FB out, we were fairly solid. Walker and cancelo back 4 a more solid unit.
They will be shit scared of us next week
I'm not restricting my comment to last night,its something this team generally lacks,We have a few individuals that will happilly allow others to step up to the plate while they continue a safer existence.
We need a greater ruthlessness and we need to cut out the brainfarts,they are costing us.

I'm not restricting my comment to last night,its something this team generally lacks,We have a few individuals that will happilly allow others to step up to the plate while they continue a safer existence.
We need a greater ruthlessness and we need to cut out the brainfarts,they are costing us.
Fair enough but I don’t completely agree. I can’t pinpoint anyone last night who wasn’t stepping up. Making a mistake or not being at your best doesn’t mean lack bottle or hiding. We know ruthlessness has been a problem all season, but we also know it’ll be fixed by a big blond bastard next year.

You just can talk about penalty. It was fool.

You can take could be 5-2, not 6-0.

But most important thing as for the indicator, is the beauty.

You can see much more beauty in City game than in Real game.

Just Simeone said, if you watch City playing you watch coral. Magic and coral at the bottom of the sea.

And it's that feeling of beauty and plasticity wich makes you feel safe.

It's that feeling of beauty and plasticity, that feeling like "those 11 boys know how to handle a ball better than 11 Real Madrid players", wich makes you feel trusted.

That feeling is very powerful.

I could never imagine winning even for 1 goal today in any moment within 90 minutes.

I like your posts. They are like poetry.

Not trying to be condescending, apologies if it comes across like that, but the way you write your English has me trying to interpret a deeper meaning.

Keep posting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.