Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

What was he meant to do? Go to the ball, close him down always! Zinchenko had come across to cover Benzema. There is still the possibility they still finish the move off, but Laporte HAS to close that angle.

Great run and finish by the lad though
No mate, would have left Zinny exposed to Benzema & Rodrygo.

Laporte was blameless.

Pulsating game that should have been over as a contest before half time. Mahrez miss/greed changed the entire 180 minute tie before 30 minutes were on the clock.

The story of City’s LACK of global domination over the Pep era has been the squandering of chances other top teams score. It’s that simple!

We score lots of goals and we usually have a fairly stingey defence, but the lack of definitive goals that end contests has been our downfall before and, I fear, may be yet again!

That game could easily have been 7-2. Easily!

However, if it had gone to 3-0 within the first half hour, the whole structure of the game would have changed. That was only compounded by Foden’s poor first touch, which took him wide instead of towards goal, and poor finish for what could have been a fourth before half time.

If we don’t go through, much as the Final itself last year, we will only have ourselves to blame.

We have a slim lead and can absolutely win at the Bernabéu next week, but we have made that task all the harder…and we will know which team we will face in the Final by then, too!

My ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE is to lose the PL lead and hand LiVARpool the title, then lose to them in the CL Final and not only hand them the Quadruple, but watch us lose it to ANOTHER English team!

We have a hard away game this weekend and a team of wounded warriors, so it’s time for the likes of Sterling & Gundogan to step up. Meanwhile, Madrid need 1 point from numerous games to win La Liga going away, so they can test players yet again!

The players were, overall, magnificent, and they produced (along with an open and offensive Madrid team) an absolutely superb advert for Champions League football. To be honest, I couldn’t care less about doing that again at there place, because at the business end of the season, WINNERS know it is ALL ABOUT RESULTS!!

I’ll take not just your hand, but your entire arm, off for a dour 0-0 draw at their place RIGHT NOW, but I think we can play the football to win the game, regardless.

Next Weds will be our toughest CL test yet on the Big Stage. Let’s see who we are.
Brilliant post!

Mahres only had two options when he was running on to goal shoot or pull it back for Kdb! The only time he could cross it for foden was with his second touch when running through once he was in the pen area there was noway the ball go foden was on.

If EVER you wanted Fernandinho to commit a foul and take a yellow.

Not sure what else Laporte was meant to do with their 2nd goal as he was tracking Benzema’s run.

It was a great turn by Vinicius to get past Ferdy, sometimes you just have to admire the quality of the opposition. I even think Walker will have his work cut out containing him.

Either way what a spectacle for both sets of fans and the footballing World as a whole.

Roll on next week.

At the point their player took the shot, Zincheno and Laporte were basically next to each other with Zinchenko marking Benzema. Laporte should have tried to get across and close jnr down, you have to sniff out that danger. I am also wondering whether Zinchenko didn't give him a shout, he should have told Laporte to move across and that he was marking Benzema.

Not sure what else Laporte was meant to do with their 2nd goal as he was tracking Benzema’s run.

It was a great turn by Vinicius to get past Ferdy, sometimes you just have to admire the quality of the opposition. I even think Walker will have his work cut out containing him.

Either way what a spectacle for both sets of fans and the footballing World as a whole.

Roll on next week.
Walker would have had Vinicius in his pocket. Their second goal was not only Laporte fault but more so Fernandinho poor intervention when he let the ball slip under his feet and could not catch up with Vinicious. That said, Fernandinho was just a makeshift solution as a fullback but Laporte is younger and a cut-and-dried defender so he takes most of the blame. Laporte cost us yesterday and was poor, and his performance was very reminiscent of our debacle against Spurs in CL. As much as we can blame our front three for missing chances but the fact is they scored four goals whereas our defense kept Real Madrid hopes alive by conceding three goals at home ! Their attackers are not world beaters barring Benzema and to a lesser extent the overrated Vinicius. Our defense and keeper were out of their depths and I hope Walker and Stones recover, otherwise we will be in the mud in the second leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.