Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Doesn't matter how you win at this stage, but I was surprised at how many times Jesus was the last one to arrive in the box among our forwards, considering the form he is in. Park his arse in the box in the return leg, so the chances don't fall to the likes of Mahrez and Foden and we will comfortably beat them in the away leg.

It's far better to create many chances and score *only* 4 goals than to be highly efficient and score 4 goals from few chances.

Wierdly, had we been average and scored a late winner, many people would have felt more satisfied. Which doesn't make a lot of sense really. We put in a great performance, given the circumstances (played a lot of time with our 4th-5th choice RB). We played much, much better than vs PSG last season. But we were luckier vs PSG. Hopefully, this time we'll reach the final again and will be luckier/better in the final.

Given that one of the best left forwards in the world was playing against a nearly 37 y.o. midfielder at RB, I'm happy that we won. Real are not likely to beat us by 2 goals in Madrid. If anything, we are likely to win again. Unlike the game at Atletico, which was 3 days after a game vs Liverpool, this time around we'll have 4 full days to recover after Leeds. This can make a lot of difference, we can put in another great performance at Bernabeu.

Our down fall will be Ederson, does he ever make a decent save, hes good with his feet but when it comes to saving shots on goal he's below average, you might all have a go at me, but I'm telling you hes not good enough for Manchester City
Seriously? Which goalkeeper in world football would be better in our team than Ederson?

Fantastic cross for foden goal though hey?

Exactly. Defied his age to burst in and win the ball before putting one on a plate for Foden's goal. Then tried to charge in again and got done. But no one should then be able to run the entire half without challenge.

Laporte had to close his space and force him to think about the pass. If you watch Van Dijk in those situations he switches between blocking the direct route to goal and the pass which makes the attacker unsure of what to do.

A makeshift defence is likely to make errors though.

Brilliant game for a non City fan but got a feeling that this should have been buried last night ........ still if Chelsea can do what they did away from home then I’m sure you can do the same ........ I’m going for a cheeky 2-2 draw

I just hope Pep doesn't go out there with his 'defend at all costs' attitude like he did in the second half against Athletico - I don't think my heart could take it.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.