Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I need to give myself a good slap , I feel like a right selfish bastard. I can’t shake how gutted I’am with a 4-3 win against Madrid. It’s easy putting things into perspective but f**k me the tie should be done and dusted despite the obvious pitfalls at Right Back. Thank f**k no away goal rule
It wouldn't be City if there was no jeopardy left in tie. We'd still be shitting it if we were going to Madrid with a 3 nil lead. At least now we have to turn and play in Madrid. Enjoy the ride

On that vinicius goal

We’ve got a bit of a habit of covering runners and not the player with the ball. Messis goal vs psg this season was case in point. He picked it up on half way line and ran. The defence covered everyone except the man with the ball and he carried it all the way to our box.

Not sure if its tactics or just bad luck but feels oddly naive

On that vinicius goal

We’ve got a bit of a habit of covering runners and not the player with the ball. Messis goal vs psg this season was case in point. He picked it up on half way line and ran. The defence covered everyone except the man with the ball and he carried it all the way to our box.

Not sure if its tactics or just bad luck but feels oddly naive
Doing it twice is hardly a habit. You're going to have to name a few more times it's happened to convince anyone you're on to something

A depleted defence and one with Dias still trying to get up to speed so an excuse for the three gifts...but still hugely disappointing.

Ederson was awful for the first 30mins. Choosing the tough pass rather than keeping it simple. It led to numerous opportunities for them that they wasted and we got away with it.

Mahrez shitting the tackle is annoying but it came really from poor play out from the back. We should have been 3-0 up by then. That would have been game over. We would have played keep ball and kept the lead then I think.

Hopefully Walker is back for the 2nd leg. That limits Vini big time. But in general just a more confident performance with the ball is needed and we should make the final.

Kinda random and I don't know if it's important to most fans but games like last night will help grow Man City's brand and fanbase at a huge level. I live in the USA and I had friends, coworkers, acquaintances, etc.. hitting up my phone about how much they love the way City play or I should watch more of their games, yada yada... These are folks that are generally not interested in the sport unless it's the WC or something to that degree. Just an observation.

If our fullbacks play (especially Walks) we will easily move to the finals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.