Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Exactly. Defied his age to burst in and win the ball before putting one on a plate for Foden's goal. Then tried to charge in again and got done. But no one should then be able to run the entire half without challenge.

Laporte had to close his space and force him to think about the pass. If you watch Van Dijk in those situations he switches between blocking the direct route to goal and the pass which makes the attacker unsure of what to do.

A makeshift defence is likely to make errors though.

Yeah for Fernandinho tried to take him out failed but if watch us we always back of and rarely go in with a tackle, credit to the lad was a great goal you can always look back and find something a player should done or done better.

Despite having injury and Suspension to the best and inform Right and left back defenders in Europe Kyle walker and Cancelo we won this game, iam pleased. Congrats to City we can also beat them at bernabeu i am confident.

Despite having injury and Suspension to the best and inform Right and left back defenders in Europe Kyle walker and Cancelo we won this game, iam pleased. Congrats to City we can also beat them at bernabeu i am confident.

Spot and funny no one mentioned we was without out two best fullbacks either

Great game of football.

We played very well for the most part but made some poor decisions at others.

At 2-0 Mahrez shot when he should have squared it to Foden and Foden shot when he should have squared it to Mahrez. If we’d made it 3-0 at either of those points we’d have won that game at a canter. Poor choices from both of them and very poor shots… if you’re going to be selfish, fucking score!

And they’ve both got to be finishing the chances they hit the post with consecutively in the second half.

Fernandinho got drawn into Venicius Jr and got turned and he was away for that goal. Poor from him, but he’s not a right back. He did excellently for the Foden cross and goal, and did play very well other than that though.

Rodri and Bernardo were fucking brilliant in midfield. Their work rate was incredible. Would love to know how far Bernardo ran in that game he was fucking everywhere.

de Bruyne was total class again!

A bit like both Prem games against Liverpool though, we were the better team and got good results but I was disappointed leaving both games. We’re ahead 4-3 here but it could easily have been a much better situation.

Modric and Benzema are still fucking mint players. But the rest of their team aren’t brilliant. They’re good, but 4-3 could have been so different.

Great game. Like most on this forum I agree that we could have had a few goals more - Phil (2), Mahrez (1) and even Laporte & Diaz towards the end.
The whole team were excellent. Bernie is incredible and Ferna - wow !!! Apart from being skinned once by Vini, he was outstanding.
Onward and upward to Madrid. No fear. RM will be worried about what would could achieve if we take all our chances.

RM are the polar opposite of AM

It's funny how we can be "disappointed" after a 4-3 win but any one goal advantage to take over to the second leg is a decent result. Perhaps just what could have been is playing on our minds but let's be positive. A patched up defence and creating chances for a cricket score. We should score at least 2 over there.

At the point their player took the shot, Zincheno and Laporte were basically next to each other with Zinchenko marking Benzema. Laporte should have tried to get across and close jnr down, you have to sniff out that danger. I am also wondering whether Zinchenko didn't give him a shout, he should have told Laporte to move across and that he was marking Benzema.
I was watching it saying get across (to Laporte). Seeing it again, I doubt he’d have made it, nor would Zinchenko have covered the player in the middle. Also, factoring in that he had a split second to decide, it’s probably not fair to hold him responsible. His game did fall apart a bit after that goal though.

Kinda random and I don't know if it's important to most fans but games like last night will help grow Man City's brand and fanbase at a huge level. I live in the USA and I had friends, coworkers, acquaintances, etc.. hitting up my phone about how much they love the way City play or I should watch more of their games, yada yada... These are folks that are generally not interested in the sport unless it's the WC or something to that degree. Just an observation.

If our fullbacks play (especially Walks) we will easily move to the finals.

if you grew up in Ardwick, Wythenshawe, or Longsight, it's of no importance whatever to you. I'd even go so far as to say there are some old timers who've been going for thirty,forty, fifty years who somewhat resent the phenomenon that you describe. They feel they've put in the hard yards, walking through dogshit-infested alleys on their way to Maine Road, going away to places like Wycombe (you'll need to google it). And seeing City lose in such places…

I'm not of that generation, but I take my hat off to those who grew up supporting City in the 90s and noughties (probably because they didn't have a choice, to be honest, they were press-ganged into it by dads, uncles, elder brothers etc.!) and having to go in to school on a Monday morning as a nine-year-old and get all the jeering shit off the rag fans at break time. And sometimes worse.

But the plain fact is that what you describe — whether we/they like it or not — is part of City's global branding, and it goes with the territory. It's very important for the long-term running and financing of the club.
City's conundrum, though, is this: to find a way of looking after the global business aspect of it, but also looking properly after those hard-yards fans, by just respecting simple things. Some of us feel that the second aspect is not always attended to properly. City is no longer really the working-class club that it was when I first started going, but it still has a core of genuine working-class fans. That should be recognised as a strength by the suits in administration. Unlikely, though…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.