Real Madrid (H) Ticket Info | SOLD OUT

Was at Real Madrid at home last year and it was a mess the fact that so many neutrals got tickets was a joke. As for the whole Real Madrid fans in the home end. That’s less likely- they only sold one block of away fans so where is all this other demand. The likelihood is more that it’ll be neutrals who are just there to take photos and for the experience. There will be a few UK based Madrid fans who get tickets though granted. The thing is a joke and I sympathise with those that didn’t get a. Ticket. The only hope for a decent atmosphere is there were only 10k left after ST window ended- if half of those 10k are proper fans then that’s a 53k stadium with 48k city fans and neutrals/tourists dotted around the rest- that shouldn’t kill an atmosphere…

There's a lot of potential misinformation being spread on here.

Yes, there were potential fans who bought a membership today and got tickets ahead of more deserving fans.

Do we honestly think this number is more than 100?

Do we honestly think of those 100 or so that more than 50% are none City fans who are desperate to watch this game?

The reality is that it will be mainly City fans with memberships who snapped up the tickets and there were always going to be those who missed out (because the club didn't offer more structure to the sales windows - but even if they did, others would still miss out).
There has to be a reason why the minimum criteria was removed between Bayern and now though right? The club would have known that they could still sell this game out to ST holders and regulars and their friends and families had they restricted it to ST holders and Cityzens with x number of points/at least five attendances this season.

The fact they didn't implies there was a commercial decision not to. That can only be that they wanted to shift memberships in bulk and attract tourists to the marquee fixture to end the season with a bang. If that means new memberships sold in the thousands, for all we know the tens of thousands, it's a safe bet that more than 100 will have made it through on a random allocation.

Absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes in the club making games accessible to new fans btw - today's new fan is tomorrow's regular in many cases. But the whole point of a club system is that you accumulate privileges and loyalty is rewarded. It's the season ticket holders and members who show up regularly for the Cat C and Cat B games who are the backbone of the support, and there are not many favours thrown our way.

Bastard i Couldn't get 2 for me and my lad. Will just to have to go to the bus welcome then Mary ds or something.

Expecting a few Spanish accents in the East stand tier 3. There were two Arsenal fans sat there at the last league game, before that every cup opposition per cup game has provided two fans to the two seats to my left. City are consistent in that regard. Most league games have been neutrals.

There has to be a reason why the minimum criteria was removed between Bayern and now though right? The club would have known that they could still sell this game out to ST holders and regulars and their friends and families had they restricted it to ST holders and Cityzens with x number of points/at least five attendances this season.

The fact they didn't implies there was a commercial decision not to. That can only be that they wanted to shift memberships in bulk and attract tourists to the marquee fixture to end the season with a bang. If that means new memberships sold in the thousands, for all we know the tens of thousands, it's a safe bet that more than 100 will have made it through on a random allocation.

Absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes in the club making games accessible to new fans btw - today's new fan is tomorrow's regular in many cases. But the whole point of a club system is that you accumulate privileges and loyalty is rewarded. It's the season ticket holders and members who show up regularly for the Cat C and Cat B games who are the backbone of the support, and there are not many favours thrown our way.
Agree with your entire post.

I think Munich fans are far more likely to buy memberships to get tickets in the home end. Maybe that's why the criteria was stricter for that game. Does anyone know what the criteria was against Leipzig?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.