Real Madrid (H) Ticket Info | SOLD OUT

City could have stopped selling Citizen membership ahead of this game. They could have staggered an bring points into it for Citizen members. They could have let season ticket holders buy extra. Etc etc etc.

There's a million ways they could have done it but they've chosen this way and it's pretty obvious why they have.

They won’t stop selling the Citizen membership as it’s a further odd £35 quid on top of the actual ticket that someone would have been purchasing today. They know how to extract money out of people.

Agree with your point, and it’s meant I’ve missed out too apparently, but why is it pretty obvious? Genuine question,
Cos surely the club would sell all the seats and get all the same revenues regardless (?)

It goes beyond the extra revenue from a new membership too.

Tourists come and they SPEND heavily on tours and merchandise. The club are clearly prioritising the extra revenue from them against loyal fans who have years worth of loyalty points.

There's little point having the loyalty point system if they are not going to employ it for big games like this.

I was one of the lucky ones but deeply sympathise with those loyal city fans that didn't get a ticket.

Why is it so hard to do something like

Day 1: Season ticket holders
Day 2: Those that attended 3 or more CL games this season
Day 3: Members with over 5000 pts
Day 4: Members with over 1000 pts

It's baffling really
Disagree with your day 2 onwards criteria. Should be members with 5,000 points and attendance at x first-team games irrespective of competition, followed by a reduction in points and games attended.
Just turning up for CL games shouldn't count for anything.

I am a seasoncard holder on cup schemes but I always collect paper tickets for home games and went down on Wednesday at dinner to collect my Arsenal ticket, decent sized queue outside ticket office mostly foreigners who all wanted tickets for Madrid game, could hear them being told they had to purchase a membership and that would make the eligible to purchase Madrid at 10am today, I collected my Arsenal ticket up and just asked the agent what the score was with Madrid tickets at home, he said anybody who had a membership was eligible to purchase, I said I felt this was wrong and the core reason why we keep getting away fans in home ends for CL games, I asked him does it not go on those who have attended say 10 home games first, then 9, 8 and so on , he said he agreed with me but it was basically open sale.

I am a seasoncard holder on cup schemes but I always collect paper tickets for home games and went down on Wednesday at dinner to collect my Arsenal ticket, decent sized queue outside ticket office mostly foreigners who all wanted tickets for Madrid game, could hear them being told they had to purchase a membership and that would make the eligible to purchase Madrid at 10am today, I collected my Arsenal ticket up and just asked the agent what the score was with Madrid tickets at home, he said anybody who had a membership was eligible to purchase, I said I felt this was wrong and the core reason why we keep getting away fans in home ends for CL games, I asked him does it not go on those who have attended say 10 home games first, then 9, 8 and so on , he said he agreed with me but it was basically open sale.
Galling to read that mate

really feel for the guys on here who have regularly attended games for years with loads of points but don’t have a season ticket for whatever reason, are missing a champions league semi final due to this opening up to all citizen memberships.

Obviously I am from Edinburgh and make it down 6/7 times a season over the last few years, and am feeling hard done by that people who have probably never stepped foot in the Etihad before will have tickets, so I don’t know how others must be feeling.

Am sure there is 10K who would be more deserving than me to attend, if it was done by loyalty points or games attended I still might not have got a ticket, but atleast I fairly wouldn’t have got a ticket

Galling to read that mate
honestly mate you knew it was happening when you see loads of foreigners at ticket office, they should have told them they were only eligible if they had previous history of buying but clearly didn't, like an earlier post said they know what they're doing fleecing £35 each for membership, feel for those who went to group games, lesser league matches or cups but can't get a ticket for this.

Have you? Is that why you are asking? :-)

Nearly in tears I’m so cross. Never felt this passionate about tickets before. You may have seen my email I sent to the club I put on here. We all need to sending these emails to them! We’ve been treated appallingly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.