Real Madrid (H) Ticket Info | SOLD OUT

To be honest, Whether it's 5 thousand or 100 people that bought Memberships today and managed to get a ticket is irrelevant. It shouldn't have been allowed happen full stop.

And as you said which I agree people still would have missed out today that thought they shouldn't have regardless. It's also hard to keep everyone happy.
Fair point.
I'm just stressing the point that the vast majority buying today are City fans desperate to go. The stadium isn't going to have 10k Madrid fans in the home end like some on here seem to be suggesting.

If you had a season ticket and couldn't give a ticket it is your own fault. You had 2 days from Wednesday morning till Friday morning to get one.

The only issue is city should of put a game criteria for citizens similar to what they did for bayern.
I've got a season ticket and waited for today so I could go with 2 family members using the memberships they've had all season (one was from a poster on here). I managed to get the 3 tickets in my basket and the site wouldn't let me checkout because the 2 members didn't qualify (even though they clearly did qualify).

Clearly my own fault though.

Fair point.
I'm just stressing the point that the vast majority buying today are City fans desperate to go. The stadium isn't going to have 10k Madrid fans in the home end like some on here seem to be suggesting.
I was in the South Stand last time we played them, there were plenty of Madrid fans in there, and so called “neutrals”.

There's a lot of potential misinformation being spread on here.

Yes, there were potential fans who bought a membership today and got tickets ahead of more deserving fans.

Do we honestly think this number is more than 100?

Do we honestly think of those 100 or so that more than 50% are none City fans who are desperate to watch this game?

The reality is that it will be mainly City fans with memberships who snapped up the tickets and there were always going to be those who missed out (because the club didn't offer more structure to the sales windows - but even if they did, others would still miss out).

I don’t agree mate. Based on the previous time we played Madrid there was so many football tourists and Madrid fan boys there. I think the crowd will be completely different for this game compared to arsenal

Regardless of that, it’s unfair the way tickets have been distributed. How’s it fair that someone who’s never attended a city game before can get tickets before someone who has

I've got a season ticket and waited for today so I could go with 2 family members using the membership they've had all season. I managed to get the 3 tickets in my basket and the site wouldn't let me checkout because the 2 members didn't qualify (even though they clearly did qualify).

Clearly my own fault though.
That's down to the website itself not city's criteria.

At a minimum you should have had to have attended at least one CL game as the starting criteria.

Can’t help but feel they’ve used the demand to drive membership sales instead of focusing on loyalty.
My thinking exactly

Due to the nature of the membership (annual and widely available to anyone who wants one) I do understand why the club might have difficultly in going back to previous seasons. But there is no reason they couldn’t restrict to those that had bought x amount of games for this season (letting them have first shot before opening it up to x-1 further down the line and so on). They’ve widely applied this as a requirement in the past (along with you had to have a membership at a certain point in time). It’s ridiculous that they thought continuing to sell membership right up to the point of the sales window opening and allowing that person to then buy was fair - or wasn’t going to create the mess we saw this morning. However they obviously knew what they were doing - and still did it - which is why it’s so disappointing.

By the way, the final kick in the balls is getting an alert email saying tickets for the game are now on sale at…11am.

Fair point.
We'd certainly like to think that the vast majority of people that got tickets this morning are City fans desperate to go to the game.

We also can't underestimate the large amounts of people that are neither City and Madrid fans that would be mad for a ticket for this game that would have been in the queue this morning.

Let's hope the club will have learned from this today as I'm sure their will be a backlash and they won't let it happen again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.