Real Madrid (H) - Tue 26th April, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread | Team news (pg 67)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I'd play our most energetic player at RB. And I'd keep Fernandinho in the middle. Not only does he cover up the problem I've just created in Bernardo's absense; he links great with Zinchenko.

......................Ederson...................
Bernardo Dias Laporte Zinchenko
......KDB ...Rodri ..Fernandinho......
Mahrez ......... Jesus .......... Foden
I'm calling you crazy mate, no thanks

No chance of a left footer playing right back. If we don’t have a right back available then some degree of over thinking might be required
All I could think of was this but who knows what ideas Pep has up there

Eddie
Dias - Laporte - Ake
Bernie - Gundo - Rodri - Zinchenko
Jesus/Sterling - KDB - Foden

All I could think of was this but who knows what ideas Pep has up there

Eddie
Dias - Laporte - Ake
Bernie - Gundo - Rodri - Zinchenko
Jesus/Sterling - KDB - Foden
I think it will be a back 3 but with Jesus at wing back to help out Dias

Play KDB at right back. He can cause Madrid more problems going forward from that position than they could cause us. Jesus can come in as the striker. Rodri, Gundogon and Bernardo in midfield.

Call me crazy but I'd play our most energetic player at RB. And I'd keep Fernandinho in the middle. Not only does he cover up the problem I've just created in Bernardo's absense; he links great with Zinchenko.

......................Ederson...................
Bernardo Dias Laporte Zinchenko
......KDB ...Rodri ..Fernandinho......
Mahrez ......... Jesus .......... Foden
Crazy, but... If neither Walker or Stones are fit, I'd stick Raz at RB. Orders not to get forward, as he'll get no cover from Mahrez, but we need pace there. He doesn't need to tackle, just track runners and be in the way until help arrives. If not, think that's an area they'll really exploit due to the lack of pace with the various options

We play a right footer at left back most weeks
Right footers have plenty of practice playing on their wrong side growing up. Left footers don’t.

10% of the population are left footed, 30% of outfield positions favour a left footer. Consequently left footed players always play on the left as juniors. Right footers sometimes have to play on the left because of a lack of left footers. By the time left footers reach the top level it’s ingrained into them to play on the left.

Joleon Lescott once admitted that he’d never played on the right. He was a 31 year old international at the time. He’d played 50 games at left back even though he wasn’t a natural left back, but he’d never played right centre back.

Gael Clichy was born right footed but he had a pushy dad who made him play left footed from childhood because he thought he would have more opportunities. Mancini, Pellegrini and Pep all gave him a game at right back presumably because they thought that as a natural right footer he would be able to adapt. But they only gave him one game because he was absolutely dreadful. He could just about kick with his right foot but couldn’t tackle and his positioning was terrible. He just hadn’t played enough on that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.