Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand, (maybe I'm being thick), but when Pep describes it as being incredible that we are there, what does he mean?

I mean I get what he is saying, but he didn't expect us to be in a relegation battle did he?

Surely he also knew we'd go far in the cups, or is it more the fact we have had major injuries this season, or we have done well considering who we signed to replace those that went out the door last summer, I'm just not clicking into this we are there chat he says week in week out.

What am I missing?
Subtlety, do you really expect him to say obviously we would be there we are brilliant, the press would tear him a new one.

No team has won or come close to winning 4 PLs on the trot
How many English teams have reached 4 consecutive CL semi finals and possibly 3 finals in 4 seasons?

What we are doing is beyond almost anything previously experienced?

Why?

Because football players are human and not robots. It takes really really special people to go for this long, showing this level of desire and application, to compete over and over again with little sign of any significant drop

Exactly this. There's a reason it's never been done four years in a row despite there being in some excellent teams in the Premier League history like Mourinho's Chelsea, Arsenal at their peak, us before now. The rags couldn't do it when they barely had a proper competitor and could buy their rivals best striker or pay £30m for a defender well over 20 years ago

There is reason English clubs winning a treble was nearly 25 years apart.

There's so many factors involved outside of just having good players and a good manager. If everything was done on paper and everyone was a robot then it'd be much easier.

The fact we're still on course to do it two seasons in a row is incredible, we may not do it but we're still in position to.

The fact we're currently top of the league is pretty incredible to me because I think we've really had to grind it out at times this season, which itself is an amazing quality to have. That willingness to keep chipping away after winning so much last season just shows the mentality.

Mad to see genuine Real Madrid fans staying in Clayton. That was my "not in my lifetime" belief since time began. But, here we are, enjoying the high life, with stray Madrid fans wandering Clayton Vale looking for wildlife.
Stan Collymore showing them the sights?

They're a glorified Manunited, counter attacking team who play on the break, they don't Have the ability to play through us (although Modric does) if we keep our full backs pinned and discipline we outscore them.

Only thing I'm concerned about is that prick ref Orsarto, he's a theatrical cheat, only Lahoz is worst. He cheated us vs real in 22 and he was shite when we beat Dortmund at home last season, even booked Pep after the final whistle, not happy with his appointment.

Quarter final 2nd legs are way more nervy than any other stage for me (excluding final)

Yeah, in Europe I've always been more worried about the officials than the opposition. This appointment is a concerning one, although he also has form with Real, so hopefully we won't be at a disadvantage there. Pep always correctly states that we won everything on the pitch, and we need to be perfect to win. I'm sure he'll be reiterating that message before tomorrow's game.

• On Kyle Walker's fitness after a hamstring injury: "I will see. He trained good. He feels something but he feels good with his mood and face. I don't know if it will be from the beginning or from the bench but he will be with us tomorrow, which is incredibly good news."

I cannot understand, (maybe I'm being thick), but when Pep describes it as being incredible that we are there, what does he mean?

I mean I get what he is saying, but he didn't expect us to be in a relegation battle did he?

Surely he also knew we'd go far in the cups, or is it more the fact we have had major injuries this season, or we have done well considering who we signed to replace those that went out the door last summer, I'm just not clicking into this we are there chat he says week in week out.

What am I missing?
It's because it is unusual for a team that has had so much success the previous year to have hunger to do it again the following year. Its also reverse sociology, to get the team more determined to do it. He's a clever man, our brilliant manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.