Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-1 to us. they are not a good as people make out.
I agree. And we are better than people make out.
The truth of our greatness is hidden behind "unlimited funding" and "two world class players for each position" comments from bitter rival supporters.
This, in reality, is the best team that has ever been assembled in English football history.
Bring on Madrid.

Very important game. Our strength is in our attacking playing style. Similar to last year, we should go at them with full strength. At the same time, we need to have a plan to stop Camavinga and Vinicius.

The other choice would be to play Conservative taking into consideration their attacking strength, which I don't like and I don't think it will be the right choice. Also the players need to be ready to the worst ever mind games by Real players, they should not fall in this trap and lose their concentration.

I have to think Pep will start Silva again for his work rate in tracking back but Mahrez is in excellent fucking form. I feel he’s much more likely to be involved in a goal than Bernardo.
Yeah tbh Silva had his worst performance of the season in Madrid but that also makes me think law of averages says he’ll have a blinder on Wednesday.

2-1 city win on the night.

I think we’ll be cautious and controlled in H1 then unleash the fury in H2…..

Come on city !

Grealish is smarter than he looks/sounds. He winds people up and loves it, and he generally stays on the right side of the ref. He's more likely to get the opposition in trouble
He’s defo upped the verbals in the last few weeks. It looks like he has been told to draw as much attention to the fouls as he can so that something is done by the ref sooner.

He seems to be resetting the ref’s level for things rather than just sitting on the floor hitting the ground like he used to six months ago

Very important game. Our strength is in our attacking playing style. Similar to last year, we should go at them with full strength. At the same time, we need to have a plan to stop Camavinga and Vinicius.

The other choice would be to play Conservative taking into consideration their attacking strength, which I don't like and I don't think it will be the right choice. Also the players need to be ready to the worst ever mind games by Real players, they should not fall in this trap and lose their concentration.

Agree, their best chance comes from distracting us away from our game, they'll target the Viking and Jack, the two most likely to get drawn into a personal battle, expect shithousery of the highest order against these two

Yeah tbh Silva had his worst performance of the season in Madrid but that also makes me think law of averages says he’ll have a blinder on Wednesday.
He and Jack should put in energetic performances. I expect the same lineup from last week and I hope Pep doesn’t try something cute. Fuck me this a big game- possibly the biggest of my life, maybe apart from QPR.

Pretty sure Bernie will start but if we weren’t starting him as harsh as it would be on Mahrez i’d go with Foden. Madrid seemed pretty happy to defend the middle of the pitch and let our wide men have the ball. I think the extra pace of Foden could cause them more problems.

Oh ffs I was thinking about this the day after the draw in Madrid that it could go to pens,I’d nearly take us missing out I say nearly,than face the prospect of pens,doesn’t bare thinking..
No. We'll do ok.
Haaland, Kev, Mahrez, Gundo and Phil. Then Alvarez at #6.
I can see us taking it if it goes to penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.