Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be a 'failure', but to go out again this late again - would be hugely deflating for everyone. To make the final (2021), semi final (2022) and then if we are to go out again the semi finals (2023) and not take it home is a big blow. This is a bloody hard competition to win and I don't happen to think we should just be 'winning it every season' like some opposition supporters think and media. But this team deserves a CL title now.
We’ve had so many heartbreaks over the years in this competition, we’ve got the chance to forget everything that has happened in previous years. To lose a semi final at home with 52000 manic blue backing them would be up there with Chelsea, Bernabeu and Spurs.

I'm not concerned about these 3. They are machines. Walker has had less appearances over the season, so he is not going to be mentally or physically weak.
Rodri and Akanji are young enough, and in good enough shape to cope.
The rest of the team should be top notch.
This is the team that would have taken them to the cleaners last year at our gaff. Let's see if this year they can finish the job.
It's going to be a great game no matter what.
the second half today was all but a training session

Won't be a 'failure', but to go out again this late again - would be hugely deflating for everyone. To make the final (2021), semi final (2022) and then if we are to go out again the semi finals (2023) and not take it home is a big blow. This is a bloody hard competition to win and I don't happen to think we should just be 'winning it every season' like some opposition supporters think and media. But this team deserves a CL title now.
I do agree, I just don’t agree with the basis that the CL defines this era.

what do you base that on, this is not arsenal it's real madrid ffs, i'll be surprised it theres more than one goal in it, hope you are right though!
I think we have the potential to blow Real Madrid early doors. I can see us coming out of the traps and giving them a thumping. Just my feeling.

The last few months we've heard nothing other than "City have a tough run in Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Sheff Utd at Wembley, Newcastle"...We've blowing the fucking lot of them away.

The same will happen Wednesday night. The Staff, Players, Fans the buzz around the place is immense. The Etihad is a fortress and will be rocking Wednesday night.

Bring it on.

The same XI as the last. Bernardo had a difficult time against the pace and power of their left back / midifielder, but his defensive contribution will be needed again. Ancelotti tried to drag Walker out of position while he was marking Vinicius Jr. It worked to a degree. Their left back ran into the vacated space and looked threatening but didn't have the touch to deliver the ball to the middle. Walker in his amazing display retreated back to his space and help with the backline. Ancelotti will do it again, probably. Walker and Bernardo will be busy.

And, you know, the final for a European cup!! We’ve lost a final to Wigan, we could of course lose a one-off to Inter.
Yes, under bizarre circumstances we lost to Wigan. This City is a long, long way from the one that stood in the Wembley tunnel, Mancini facing forward, Vinny with his back to him, both knowing the manager is toast. It’s a poor comparison. I do genuinely get the point you are making though. I’d be extremely confident going into that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.