Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the utmost respect for Inter and AC, who absolutely could still beat us on their day, we need to approach this game for what it realistically is: the Champions League Final. 90 minutes to make history. I'm sure the home fans will do their bit, and the squad must be flying high after the weekend's results. Let's do this, Blues!

We should go out and smash them! Really.

We should try for a convincing win, to be energetic and forceful and not try just to be safe, slow careful passes and game and try for a safe win, no.
We should use all our energy and crash them because we really can. They CANNOT follow us.
Playing safe is risky as they might get 1 goal and then defend it, but playing with huge urgency to crash them might end up a 3-0, 5-2, 4-1 etc. They can't follow us, they will get tired hunting the ball all the time.

Now it's the time. Just do it!!

Btw Mahrez started last games to be the player of CL of last season. I wouldn't automatically go on Silva on that right side. But whoever plays is a good choice anyway.

Same team that started in Madrid for me. No reason to change it. We'll play a lot better and with a lot more attacking intent at home. They were there for the taking at times but we didn't want to play that killer pass or commit too much. That will change at home. We'll be 2-0 up by half time and then we'll throw on Foden or Mahrez to kill them off and play on the counter and win 3-1.
God I hope you're right. Gave me butterflies reading that last sentence.

This is the only game and result I have concerns about. Beat Real Madrid and the treble really is possible.

Lets not get carried away, whilst I agree this is a big challenge IF we get through Madrid - we do not want to take the final lightly. I thought we would destroy Chelsea a few years ago and they beat us.

UEFA and the officials will almost certainly want a fairytale finish for one of the Milan clubs.

Failure! Give your head a wobble and, when it stops rattling, wobble it again

If we play terribly and lose 0-2 clearly with Real M. dominating then he would have a strong point that this was a failure.
But if it happens like last year example, where we should have won here at least 6-3 and in Spain we dominated for 90 % of the game and just 5 minutes of blackout cost us, then it's not a failure, it's just football.

Ed
Walker Stones Dias Akanji/Ake
Rodri Gundo
Foden Kev Grealish
Haaland

Bernie struggled as a winger in the reverse so I'd prefer a little more of a goal threat at RW. I doubt Pep agrees though.

Gundo to drop a bit deeper than he's been playing recently for added control.

Stones to step into midfield when in possession to release Gundo into the attack.

Can't wait. Come on Cityyyyyy!

And also an important thing is that weather-wise, conditions would be exactly ideal!

A ridge will move to UK that day and that makes the forecast easy and trustworthy that it will not change, and so it will bring fair weather with NO rain, NO wind, soft temperatures at the time of the game around +13 °C to +14 °C, so it will be a perfect football night.

Well maybe a classic English weather with heavy rain and windy conditions and low temperatures would be more harsh to the Spanish team but bad weather tends to bring more unpredictability and closes the gap of qualities of 2 teams usually, so i prefer good weather.

ecmwf-0-66-6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.