Real Madrid post match post mortem

You can't just pass ball around and expect something good to happend,there was opportunity for shots on goal,but no one was shoting, if you shot it can deflect and who knows but no we want to walk we the ball in goal,in Madrid all three goals that we scored were from outside penaly area.
Pep limits players by not allowing them freedom.

We don't use Haaland the best way we can.
What is with corners, over 10 off them taken and not even one good weird tactic.
Teams who defend deep looks like issue again.
People saying we played good.Did we?What did we create not many chances,what we did is controll possesion.
Not having a pop as I do like reading you're posts, I don’t know if it's a heat of the moment reaction or you're pissed off with being knocked out...Maybe both.

The whole reason why we move the ball so much is to move the opposition around and wait for one of them to have a lapse in concentration so we can punish them that's how we operate.

Yes I do agree with we had opportunities to take shots from outside the box which happened only on a couple of occasions to no avail. I actually thought we done really well moving the ball about and working the legs of the Real Madrid players and realistically it was looking like only a matter of time that we would take the lead. We did have opportunities and we didn't take them, Haaland header, KDB chance, Foden chance...

This competition is all about fine margins and unfortunately over the two legs it just wasn't to be even though we were so dominant. Yes we did play good, Incredibly good, We were suffocating Real Madrid all night they had no answers to get up the pitch.

Let's be honest all this talk of "Double Treble" it's absolutely bollocks realistically it was never going to happen, That's not coming from our end either, This is all pundits and influencers bollocks talk...Imagine getting laughed at for not doing a "Double Treble"...Comes to show you how good this team is especially coming from people that "Don't care about City".

At the end of the day, It's football so don't get too worked up about it. We've a FA Cup Semi Final and Premier League title to retain.

We will be back next season for another bite and the Champions League...The Rags won't though.

I am tending to agree with others about Bellingham.

I was as excited as everyone else when Tolmie was sharing his info on the possibility of him coming to City.

However, the guy is so far up his own arse you actually can't determine where he begins and ends.

Describing the result last night as a "Beautiful victory" further compounds my view that he's devoid of any class or graciousness.

What an arrogant turd of a bloke.

He was absolutely awful last night too. We made him look like Bambi and he spent just as much time as Bambi on the bloody floor.

He actually believes he's some kind of footballing deity.

Jude - it wasn't a beautiful victory in the slightest. You absolutely fluked it and you know it.

Have the decency to acknowledge that.

Bullet dodged.

Can we stop overthinking about losing last night, It was just not our night and no disgrace in defeat because we gave it everything, The Bigger Picture is we are still in the Cup and top of the league,

One of my first thoughts from last season was where do we go after the treble and 3 titles in a row, It was never going to be the same again, Champions Again song we sing is a bit cocky by the fans, But I don't have any problems with it if we can take not being champions again, Champions know how to lose and go again.

I want to say a very BIG THANK YOU to MANCHESTER CITY and Pep and the players,
You have given us the best 5 seasons of our lifetime and made the impossible possible

The better team is out...in the first game, Real get 2 really stuffy goals and a worldie that goes in maybe 2 times out of ten. Then last night we reduce them to playing like the Scum do against us, parking the bus and trying to hit on the break. Unlucky lads, only hope the effort hasn't taken too much out prior to the FA Cup semi.

My granddaughter sent me this photo. It looks as if I’m having a chat with Ancelloti but I can assure you he was a bit of a distance away! I had my back to the pitch, can’t watch penalties!
Not that we could have seen anything anyway. There was nearly a fight with a lot of the front row standing on their seats, people behind shouting at them, then coming down the aisle having a go at them and steward intervention. One bloke pushed in front of me (I was sitting) and grabbed the guy next to me. I’ve got a bruise on my leg this morning with the mauling I got from both our supporters and more so the Madrid ones! Ah well that’s football life I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, so proud of the team. :-)

View attachment 114802

My granddaughter sent me this photo. It looks as if I’m having a chat with Ancelloti but I can assure you he was a bit of a distance away! I had my back to the pitch, can’t watch penalties!
Not that we could have seen anything anyway. There was nearly a fight with a lot of the front row standing on their seats, people behind shouting at them, then coming down the aisle having a go at them and steward intervention. One bloke pushed in front of me (I was sitting) and grabbed the guy next to me. I’ve got a bruise on my leg this morning with the mauling I got from both our supporters and more so the Madrid ones! Ah well that’s football life I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, so proud of the team. :-)

View attachment 114802
EB, I hope you told him his team’s a negative load of tripe….or words to that effect;)

EB, I hope you told him his team’s a negative load of tripe….or words to that effect;)
*lol* I did tell him to get back in his technical area twice during the game. Once when they had that strategic injury!! They had the water ready for that, I'm sure they signalled to their player to go down. Grrrr. That's downright cheating in my book.

It’s actually a fair point. It would be worth him trying to focus on the ball, just the ball, as the taker approaches. You get half a second to see the foot position so you know which way it’s going and can dive there every time. You won’t save the good ones but if you go the right way every time you’re in with a shout
There's this believe that pointing out a weakness in a footballers game means being disloyal, so I guess that's how he read my post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.