Real Madrid post match post mortem

The fact we won it last year made me so chilled about this. If we hadnt then the trophy the club desired was still very much out of reach.

We are … MASSIVE now ;)
Just think, the mighty real madrid pulled every trick at home with closed roofs etc and came to our gaff and played for pens
As the great carlo ancelloti said that was the only way to beat us. How good is that??

We were a KDB sitter away and a fluffed foden chance away from ANOTHER champs league semi final.

Good eh?

Travelled 'Darn Sarf' yesterday to spend the weekend with Daughter No.2's family and, with the distaff side, take the train in from Beaconsfield for the semi-final tomorrow to meet up with our family/friends group.

Just got back from the local garden centre at Bourne End where I queued at the cafe for drinks and food while piking into the conversation of two old boys immediately behind me, one an Arsenal supporter, the other favouring Chelsea.

Neither goes to games but they clearly watch a lot of footy on tv and not just their own clubs. They were pretty disparaging about their respective clubs and how they are being run (especially the Chelsea supporter when calling Boehly a 'wide boy')

We were mentioned copiously, what with our separate rivalries for the League and the Cup, along with the old boys' analysis of our game versus Real. There was an element of 'City Bingo' in their chat but it was limited and they were surprisingly positive about City, namely stuff like:

- 'They're the best team on the planet'
- 'They outplayed Real.. the stats tell you'
- 'They play football like I've never seen'
- 'At least they don't cheat like Madrid did'
- 'They attack, at least they have a go'
- 'Wish we'd bought..(Rodri, Haaland etc)
- 'Wish we'd kept De Bruyne.'

I'm always ready to stand up to any media johnny or opposition supporting WUM when it comes to defending attacks on City. But there are occasions like today when you get a surprise regarding how other supporters might see us.

It made a welcome change for once!

Travelled 'Darn Sarf' yesterday to spend the weekend with Daughter No.2's family and, with the distaff side, take the train in from Beaconsfield for the semi-final tomorrow to meet up with our family/friends group.

Just got back from the local garden centre at Bourne End where I queued at the cafe for drinks and food while piking into the conversation of two old boys immediately behind me, one an Arsenal supporter, the other favouring Chelsea.

Neither goes to games but they clearly watch a lot of footy on tv and not just their own clubs. They were pretty disparaging about their respective clubs and how they are being run (especially the Chelsea supporter when calling Boehly a 'wide boy')

We were mentioned copiously, what with our separate rivalries for the League and the Cup, along with the old boys' analysis of our game versus Real. There was an element of 'City Bingo' in their chat but it was limited and they were surprisingly positive about City, namely stuff like:

- 'They're the best team on the planet'
- 'They outplayed Real.. the stats tell you'
- 'They play football like I've never seen'
- 'At least they don't cheat like Madrid did'
- 'They attack, at least they have a go'
- 'Wish we'd bought..(Rodri, Haaland etc)
- 'Wish we'd kept De Bruyne.'

I'm always ready to stand up to any media johnny or opposition supporting WUM when it comes to defending attacks on City. But there are occasions like today when you get a surprise regarding how other supporters might see us.

It made a welcome change for once!
In reality outside proper Herbert’s , most opposing fans will always be nice to your face. When they can hide behind their keyboard is when they become arseholes.

My biggest annoyance is with the club. The home end was full of people in Madrid gear, me and 6 others were kicked out of the ground before the game started because of a scuffle with a few of them. I wasn't even involved, just shoved somebody who pushed into me as I was talking to my brother. And surprise surprise, the only people kicked out were blues. The Madrid lot were allowed to go on their merry way.
Only time in my life I've been kicked out of a footie match
Fuckers were everywhere before ko. Saw em getting tkts off touts.
Not like the old days..

i was watching the TNT broadcast. Yes there was play acting from Carvajal etc but the ref didnt fall for it in terms of fouls. He let them have treatment; there isnt much else he can do. Head injuries like Bellingham were dealt with fairly.

I’m not sure what else to say to you to calm your fervent paranoia. The decisions were all fair i thought. He poo pood any diving and let play continue and booked everyone who deserved it from cynical fouls on both sides
Call me paranoid all you want. I never said he was out to get us. I said he's not good enough. I'll buy what you're selling but you have to accept the mistakes he made, which were not pointed out by me initially, but rather the in match commentary team, and subsequently supported with replays.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

I WAS ACCUSED OF BEING A MADRID FAN BY FELLOW CITY FAN - thoughts.

I am mixed-race, and I live down south with my mum (but I moved to Manchester for uni) and my dad/granddad are blues so I of course follow them.

At the game, the guy next to me asked if “I was a city or Madrid fan” which I said silly question. He then asked me where I live and I said fallowfield. This p*ssed me off.
BUT 5 minutes later after telling him I’m a blue he has the cheek to ask how much I paid for the ticket…I got it through the 5-ucl game rule from the club fair and square and I didn’t get it through for resellers..never have.
I know the tourist stuff is a mess but is he bang out of order for making me feel like a fake fan? I know I don’t look like a local but I’ve supported this club all my life (21 years)!!
The nosey twat.
Going ti the derby the other week on beehive bus and some twat asked me if I was a red cos he'd not seen me on bus before. I gave him a right mouthful and his mates apologised. Cheeky fuckers everywhere

The big plus has to be how Jezzer was taking them apart at times. Josko is clearly going to be world class. Erling really needs to be given a chance to heal. Kyle is still the best right back in the world. Akanji is a great squad player. Rodders is the best dm in the world. Kevin needs to be treated better. Phil, another who player with an injury.
To me, we need to buy Davies and Frimpong. If we can buying Adeyemi and those two, then it will be a superb transfer window.
Biggest mistake on Wednesday was sticking Phil on the right side for the first 45 and putting Bernardo in the middle. No wonder we created very little in that first half

The fact we won it last year made me so chilled about this. If we hadnt then the trophy the club desired was still very much out of reach.

We are … MASSIVE now ;)
Just think, the mighty real madrid pulled every trick at home with closed roofs etc and came to our gaff and played for pens
As the great carlo ancelloti said that was the only way to beat us. How good is that??

We were a KDB sitter away and a fluffed foden chance away from ANOTHER champs league semi final.

Good eh?
And the scouse and rag wankers who have the temerity to laugh about us crash out of the mickey mouse europa quarters and no European league respectively. We're a class apart and the bitter cunts know it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.