Real Madrid post match post mortem

Can't argue with any of that. They defended well and did all the usual shitehousing to spoil and slow the game down. Our half asleep start cost us. As time ran out somebody needed to gamble with a shot. Kev a big miss for a player of his quality. We left everything out there and it's small.margins. The crowd raised themselves after a quiet beginning. I could fucking slap Bernardo for that penalty. Win the league now the cups probably too far after tonight's efforts.
That will be the biggest question in the post mortem. Why the fuck did we dampen down the mood with the old man walking football from the outset? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Last season Real faced a white hot Etihad which intimidated the fuck out of them. They've been mentioning our fierce, scary atmosphere all week, so why didn't we set our stall out to give them a repeat?

We made a rod for our own backs, & aside from the Rudiger miss, Real hardly touched or threatened us.

We should've had the flags out & whipped the crowd up to a frenzy, but we seemed to come with tactics over emotion, meaning we didn't capitalise on our home advantage.

Real didn't win tonight, we lost through our strange decision to start the way we did. Alas, it's another painful lesson learned, & with Mbappé & Endrick to arrive at Real next season, they'll be even more dangerous on the break.

Tonight was a massive opportunity missed.

it was simply not good enough. Defending poor as every game this season. We had a lot of shots but was not able to create enough big chances. When it went to penalties we all knew it was over before the first kick. I trust these players with a lot, but taking pens is certainly not one of those things.

Very disappointed with our performance today.

Come on guys it's Real Madrid and we made them look shit for virtual all the game. Brain fart by walker and as expected bad penalties as we're crap at them. Just a bad draw in the first place it really should have been the final
I still can not understand how Dias left that ball to be crossed!

Kyle spent more time worrying about offsides than watching Rodrigo on their goal watching again.

Hearing Henry about defending.

Feel we did overall as well.

The chances missed: Haaland, KDB, and Foden missed chances were massive and Haaland's was SO close.

Wonder why not mixing up with more short corner routines?

Some thoughts about CL or some claims to rebuke RM "magic" arguments or same with Bayern or Barca.

It's fun, and I enjoy the quality a lot...

but I think PL sides have and will continue to have a disadvantage

Especially when fighting for the title and multiple cups.

Some of the winners from PL recently weren't in their title race.

RM sometimes not in theirs or way ahead (this season, coincidence?) and I'd BET focus WAY MORE on CL.

Bayern the same. Usually ahead by 1000 points most seasons, or this year OUT OF IT.

Both can have a lot of talent and massive egos. PSG thought they could model this but it was too much ego.

This is why last year's treble I'd argue seen as more respected by any football fan who is honest with themselves.

If you watch 'Together' and see the culture than is present in the club.

I am asking myself how I can listen to The Guardian's pod posted Monday

Where the entire lineup hate City with A PASSION and must think the Liverpool and Arsenal billionares are morally on higher ground and made it through saving the Earth and humanity or I guess put their lives on the line for "human rights"

And the first words out of Max Rushdin's mouth are about how it's basically cognitive dissonance to see CIty as anything other than "the baddies" and his intro already leaning into hints at "boring"

Makes me want to BEG to come on the show one week and make them sound like the hypocrites they can't see they are.

Last edited:
Missed one on one v Luton,palace,Liverpool and missed an open goal v united missed big chances v Chelsea and spurs

He puts all those away last season

Plus the 5 against Luton make his goals per game look better

No way he’s in Peps best 11, he’s not a Pep player I’m a million years
Got to be a contract or brand thing
He’s awful

It's a shame they got rid of the away goals rule isn't it! After going out on the away goals rule to Monaco and Spurs in recent times it was almost inevitable that within a couple of years of ditching it this would happen!
It did feel like so many frustrating CL exits of reason times , where it just wasn't going to be our night.
Let's hope we can recharge our batteries for Saturday and really go for the double now. I do also wonder which Chelsea will turn up, hopefully the shit version!
The Pochetino "I'm Peps nemesis but can't win fuck all" **** version

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.