Real Madrid post match post mortem

For me, one of the great things to take from this game is Real Madrid had to sit back and be dominated by Manchester City and play for penalties. Remember this is the so called mighty Real Madrid.

Carlo Ancelotti said post match

"We started well, went ahead and then we had to fight to survive, we had to suffer," he said. "City had control because we defended too deep."

"By the time the penalty shootout came, we were totally convinced we'd go through.
"This is about the only way you can come to City and win."

This is City, what they have become, when you consider where City have been and where they have come from.

Last edited:
Just watched some high lights from TNT on YouTube, because you know you get the different view ,then the view from your seat (especially if your seat st the back of the 3rd tier South Stand). Anyway I thought the Real Madrid players were offside in the build up to their goal twice ?
But no comment on the high lights about it ?
But coming out last night, I just thought, the football Gods wasn't with us last night. Hitting the crossbar , KDB putting that one over from 6/7 yards, nine out of ten times he burys it.
And thinking of the game , they had a stroke of luck with 3 of their 4 goals in the tie.
Just not our night !
We were sat level with those possible offsides and our gut reaction was that at least one of them was off, to the point we were quite sure it would be disallowed. Not seen it since as I’ve had a media blackout.

Can't expect to win a game by sleep walking.

We had our chances
We played like shit,
We shot penalties like shit,
We deserve to be out!

We have no one to blame but OURSELVES! Well done Real Madrid.

Doku was the lone standout and made things happen!
Just started reading this thread as I was interested as to how many blues (like myself) were proud of the team, despite the result.

Page 1 and I've decided to read a different thread.

Who's the young lad in the crowd last night being made famous after Kev scored for doing wanking and cut throat gestures? He's all over X. The footage must have been filmed professionally it's too good for a camera phone.
Unfortunately for him, he’s going to be hounded out and banned,if not prosecuted.

Apologies if already mention, but that total shit **** Speed was at the game last night amongst City fans and celebrated when Madrid scored, all that happened was people telling him to sit down. With him gobbing off back at them

1 why are the club letting this happen
2 why was he not fucking tuned in, proper tuned in, the vile shit ****
Thought he’d hanged himself

Just started reading this thread as I was interested as to how many blues (like myself) were proud of the team, despite the result.

Page 1 and I've decided to read a different thread.
Did same blue. Relentless crying. We were brilliant.

I'm sure this will have received attention but I've just listened to the BBC Sounds podcast on last night's two matches and in particular to Gillem Balague's remarks. Whereas the Brits (Shea Given and Robinson) spoke of Madrid's "perfectly executed gameplan" and praised RM for their knowhow and game craft Balague was scathing, asking whether they and the presenter actually believe that RM planned to score but then never to have the ball and try and defend for the entire game. He argued that that would be insanity. To play against City you have to try and get the ball and keep it. Not only could they not do this but "a very frustrated Bellingham" had virtually no involvement and RM didn't actually defend very well! You have to be very tight indeed and but for bad luck Haaland's header would have gone in rather than hit the bar or Bernado would have been able to put the rebound in because there was no-one to stop him. They cannot have planned for KdB to have put a clear shot over the bar. Just on these examples if Lady Luck had not smiled on them City would have won 3-1. RM cannot have planned for City to have 33 shots to their 8! RM got away with it.

We were sat level with those possible offsides and our gut reaction was that at least one of them was off, to the point we were quite sure it would be disallowed. Not seen it since as I’ve had a media blackout.
Think their goal was on as Kyle played Rodrygo on, unfortunately

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.