Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll go:
Hart; Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Milner, Garcia, Yaya, Barry, Silva; Tevez.
OR
Hart; Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Garcia, Yaya, Barry; Silva; Tevez, Aguero.

Then again, you can't put it past Mancini to start Balo, but I suppose you can't put it past Balo to put in a match-winning performance.

Re: How do we approach the Madrid game?

MCC said:
mad zab said:
I won't be surprised to see three at the back in this game. I am sure that is why he has been experimenting with it.

My team would be:

Hart

Maicon Rodwell Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Garcia Barry

Toure

Tevez, Dzeko

I can see why they call you mad zab. Absolutely bonkers!

Why?

It would be nice for you to actually give a reason for your statement.

I do think he will play with three at the back and allow Maicon and Kolarov to push forward as much as possible. This is were they are at their strongest.

Having Garcia and Barry in the centre would protect the middle of the park and allow Yaya to push forward in support of Tevez and Dzeko.

I wouldn't trust Balotelli in this match and I would also leave Silva and Nasri out.

Most probably if he does go three at the back Garcia will play there, Yaya deeper and Silva in support of the front two.

mad zab said:
MCC said:
mad zab said:
I won't be surprised to see three at the back in this game. I am sure that is why he has been experimenting with it.

My team would be:

Hart

Garcia Barry

Toure

Tevez, Dzeko

Why?

I do think he will play with three at the back and allow Maicon and Kolarov to push forward as much as possible. This is were they are at their strongest.

Having Garcia and Barry in the centre would protect the middle of the park and allow Yaya to push forward in support of Tevez and Dzeko.

I wouldn't trust Balotelli in this match and I would also leave Silva and Nasri out.

Most probably if he does go three at the back Garcia will play there, Yaya deeper and Silva in support of the front two.
I agree, I don't see the problem with your team especially as Slva is playing gash at the moment.

SWP's back said:
mad zab said:
MCC said:

Why?

I agree, I don't see the problem with your team especially as Slva is playing gash at the moment.

My main reason for picking that team is that we have to match up to Madrid physically and have the ability to create chances.

I can't see him playing Maicon in a flat back four and leaving him exposed to Ronaldo's pace.

Referee: Damir Skomina

His previous with the two clubs is...

Napoli 2-1 City
Real Madrid 2-0 Ajax
Real Madrid 3-0 Lyon

SWP's back said:
mad zab said:
MCC said:

Why?

Maybe it's just my screen but it looks like you are playing 5 at the back, Rodwell is your right CD, there is no width and Dzeko will not start.

mad zab said:

My team would be:

Hart

Garcia Barry

Toure

Tevez, Dzeko

Agree, I feel Mancini will play in this formation with 3 at the back, but it remains to be seen if he'll place Rodwell at the back without any prior trial. Same with Nasti. Looks like it will be Kolo again <shudder>
Also, Mancini cannot afford not to play Silva in this huge game, so likely that Barry will sit out and Yaya moved back to the middle..
Kolarov was very impressive during the World Cup qualifying, so Mancini will be hoping that he can replicate this form against Real Madrid..
I think Aguero will have some part to play, if he's been declared fit..maybe even as a sub..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.