Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How do we approach the Madrid game?

Totally agree with that line up. We need to pack the midfield, keep a hold of the ball and frustrate them, then try to hit them on the break.

How do we approach the Madrid game?

Obviously they are a fantastic team and arguably the best club team in the world(albeit going through a bad spell) and I'm sure they have an outrageous home record under mourinho. Now I know we would all be delighted with a point but we need to play for three or we will lose the game, madrid are too strong a team to sit back and absorb pressure against. For me the team is a no brainer:
-------------------------------Hart------------------------------
---Zab-----------Kompany--------Lescott------------Clichy---
-------------------Garcia----------Barry------------------------
-----Silva----------------Yaya----------------Nasri-------------
--------------------------Tevez----------------------------------

Garcia and silva have a point I prove against Madrid after silva was rejected as a youngster and Garcia was sold for cheap. Even tho I don't like to start yaya in a more advanced position ,as he isn't as effective behind the striker from the start imo,he wouldnt be able to do much attacking in the two holding positions and we need him to attack reals defence. I trust Zab up against Ronaldo although I would prefer Clichy up against him. We will have one more midfielder than we had against bayern last season so hopefully we will keep the ball better than we did away there last season and we have enough in that team to nick a goal and keep a clean sheet. They are a great team but we shouldnt fear them, we're the champions of England and shouldn't fear anyone.

Hit them on the break? Naaaah

Are defence just needs to wake the fuck up and we will be fine

I'd find a place for Milner - possibly at expense of Nasri and I'd build the team on the basis of defending without the ball

Worried Mancini will try and win this game and we'll get thrashed. I watched Real Madrid play poorly at Sevilla last might but they are Barcelona are a class above anything else in Europe and our tactics should reflect that.

What we should do, and will do are 2 different things based on Bayern and Napoli away last season.

Real Madrid are not firing on all cylinders at the moment and under pressure.

I'd take a point in a heartbeat. Mancini hasn't got a great European record with Inter and City.

Really fear from this match. They just lost again yesterday, they started their league very bad while Barca winning every week, Madrid will be out to prove a point.

Would accept a draw now easily.

Want to see Clichy and Zabaleta in the first 11 maybe even a 451 tactic to make sure Di Maria/CR wont have an easy match with lot of space. If they have that we will lose.

Think Mancini will be defensive so it wouldnt surprise me if Yaya would support Tevez in attacks and Barry/Garcia both would start.
Barry, Garcia then Silva-Yaya-Nasri-Tevez. Agüero from the bench.

If we start with two strikers and create less than against Stoke I mean that is a good idea. And there is a lot of pressure on Real too, but on Mancini too after last year's CL fiasco.

We couldnt get a draw last year away to Bayern or Napoli, this year we have to get some aeway results to Real or Dortmund.

Marvin said:
I'd find a place for Milner - possibly at expense of Nasri and I'd build the team on the basis of defending without the ball

Worried Mancini will try and win this game and we'll get thrashed. I watched Real Madrid play poorly at Sevilla last might but they are Barcelona are a class above anything else in Europe and our tactics should reflect that.

What we should do, and will do are 2 different things based on Bayern and Napoli away last season.

Real Madrid are not firing on all cylinders at the moment and under pressure.

Yeah, Milners not a bad shout at all, and I also think we may see Kolarov as he was rested yesterday.

I agree with your shape, logic and formation. For me, though,it's Maicon at right back and aguero/balotelli in for nasri in that left sided role. I could live with zab at right back because it isn't a game where his lack of attacking ability will matter hugely. But I believe nasri to be totally unsuitable for this game. He's too soft, not direct enough. We need to be able to create chances through one touch attacking play, and his cautious passing will lose us any momentum we can pick up.

Yaya being advanced, and silva next to him, are the key here. I can just see mario scoring a wonder goal for some reason too, although is Sergio is available he'd get my nod.

Please no kolorov at left back, and please no 352. And please no yaya in the holding role. They are the three key points for me.

The biggest factor will be playing Champions League in front of 80000 at the Bernabau.

Maicon was bought for his experience on nights like this. He will play.
Kolarov is on fire and has a dead ball potential. He will play.
Barry played 30 mins without trouble. He will play.
Aguero has been declared fit and he knows exactly what to expect. He will play.
Garcia has champions league pedigree. He will play.

SO

Hart
Maicon Vinnie Lescott Kolarov
Garcia Barry
Ya Ya
Tevez. Silva
Kun

This midfield will get he better of Kheidera Modric Alonso. I can only see three points for us with this line up. Forza!

Didsbury Dave said:
I agree with your shape, logic and formation. For me, though,it's Maicon at right back and aguero/balotelli in for nasri in that left sided role. I could live with zab at right back because it isn't a game where his lack of attacking ability will matter hugely. But I believe nasri to be totally unsuitable for this game. He's too soft, not direct enough. We need to be able to create chances through one touch attacking play, and his cautious passing will lose us any momentum we can pick up.

Yaya being advanced, and silva next to him, are the key here. I can just see mario scoring a wonder goal for some reason too, although is Sergio is available he'd get my nod.

Please no kolorov at left back, and please no 352. And please no yaya in the holding role. They are the three key points for me.

i think the back to fitness of barry and the presence of garcia
should mean ya ya in the advanced role, it is the most vital of positions especially as i'm fairly certain we will go one upfront against most teams away in europe.
not conceding the first goal has to be our mantra.
agree think maicon will play, just has that extra experience of european football.
be amazed if kolorov gets the nod in front of clichy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.