Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

To be fair, our defending has been shocking most of the season. Mancini needs to sort this out. Dortmund has 'must win game' written all over it. Gutted that we let this one slip away. Hope we won't regret it later.

Mourinho is a twat, fucking off down the tunnel without shaking Mancinis hand. We will do them at our place, they won't like how that defeat felt

Gutted to lose like that but if honest, they deserved it. Hart kept us in it at times.
We are a few years squad wise behind Madrid yet, you only have to look at thier bench tonight. Ours wasnt bad but thiers was WoW.
But a few years ago, if you told us we would be gutted to lose 3-2 away to Madrid who were excellent on the night, im sure we would have laughed and wondered what your taking.

This is top qaulity, great viewing CL. Let Utd have thier walk overs and piss easy groups, this is what its all about

Fucking hell, was expecting a defeat but I'd rather they done us 4-0. Kompany was less than impressive, but he's one of the best in the world so can't complain too much. Hart outstanding, Back to his best. Setup was completely wrong but without the two injurys I think we would have been much more efficient. I feel crushed but at the same time we were nowhere NEAR our best today, I feel Madrid were. It's unbelievable to think where we are and what we've nearly done. I said before the game that a win would kickstart our season and we'll start to dominate, but to me, this is as good as 3 points.... Arsenal better watch out.

Gabriel said:
jimharri said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
We're officially back in the Hughes defense era... back four is so weak it's unreal. Struggle defensively without the midfield spread right across the field in front of the defense.

And it's not a kneejerk either, it's been noticeable since pre-season.
With a 'c'.

Could be American. ;-)

Nope, a brit here. My error.

Crushing loss.

Anyone who questioned Hart's commitment or level of skill prior to tonight - This game would have been over by halftime without him.

The ridiculously poor defending tonight was beyond words. City played too deep defensively for me and allowed for far too much Real possession without pressure.

How Maicon and Zaba continued to let Ronaldo dip in and play the ball to his right foot time and time again completely blows me away. I assumed (incorrectly) that Zaba was brought in to tighten us up defensively b/c Maicon had all he could handle and more defensively.

When Ronaldo was shaded to play his left foot he was quickly neutralized and not nearly as threatening.

The game winner was bad defending and Vinny ducking the ball WHILE obstructing Joe's view was hard to take. Felt like Joe may have been up for it had he had a clean look at it.

Hard loss to take since 3 points were ours for the taking especially after surviving that first half.

we just gave them to much respect in the first half which is understandable to some extent but hope mancini note the difference when you push your players up against them with the attacking quality we have.Proud of you city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.