Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
All played well? Is that a fucking joke? We were absolutely wank as a team, ive never seen us so bad at passing and so bad in possession, on another night they could have scored about 10 goals but our luck was in thank god.

All the way through that I said I dont mind us playing this shit if we get a point out of it but to be 2-1 up and roll over so easily AGAIN after managing to get ahead for the second time, they don't deserve credit.

If it wasn't for Toure we probably wouldn't have even created a chance tonight and that was only because he can run more than 2m with the ball!

FUCK im mad!!!!!!! FUCKING RONALDO has to score the winner as well so all the rag ***** won't shut the fuck up about "once a red, always a red".

Agreed

this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

onceabluealways said:
How can you have 5 at theback and Tranny is left 1 v 1 in the last minute, surely thats why here are 5 there. Our defending was amateurish at best.

Marcelo 2 shots that missed by inches yet we still give him acres of space.

What the f*ck was kompany doing for the last goal ducking for a shot 4 foot in the air 5 yard out.

So near but so far - f'in gutted

I know - you could see it, I could, so why couldnt our defence and close him down??!!!

Absolutly gutted! Couldn't watch the game as I am in school, but I was watching the match updates. I started watching the match updates when Kolorav scored, then saw Benzema and F***ing tramp score.

From what I hear Hart did very well. Natasic was very good, too. Yaya Toure the best midfielder in the world again.

If we had Aguero, then maybe we would've won.

We'll get them back at home.

At the end of the day we never deserved to win, we got batted for the most part but I do agree with Joe Hart's post match comments, you cannot lose a 2-1 lead with 5 mins to go.

I must say though, as much as I would of prefered us to hold the ball better, Mancini got tonight spot on - a few defensive mistakes cost us that's all.

3-2 loss at the Bernabeu is not bad at all, everyone must remember we are still on a learning curve.

Ruminating on this defeat, and the opening games of this season, and its clear our defence isn't quite good enough for the top level.

Its early i know, but Maicon looks heavy legged, and Zabba (whilst i love the fella), is a yard short of pace when up against a quick footed attacker.

Its an area we need to look at in January, and in the meantime get em on the training ground!!

Dortmund are the Napoli of the group, those games are where we need to be at our best IMO. A win and draw against Dortmund and I think we'll go through as I can't see anyone getting even a point in Madrid.

How far have we came.

Where we 10 years ago,mid table in the PL,
beating Crewe 3-2 in the League Cup,then Wigan putting us out in the 3rd round.
Never got by the 3rd round in the FA Cup,dippers beat us 1-0.
When it went to 2-2 tonight,i was fukn raging,2-3,i just cried.
Dissapointed at "just" getting beat at the Bernabau.
I'm proud of City tonight.
TTT
CTID

Well I never thought id see the day that we would almost take 3 points from Real Madrid however there are far more negatives to take from that game tonight than positives. Dont get me wrong I am extremely proud of ALL the lads tonight and growing up a city fan I could only dram of these matches but we are now a major European club and play in this competition to win it and not make up the numbers and we cannot keep playing as we are in europe and get away with it IMO.
First of all I think we showed Real far too much respect and let them completely dominate the first 30 mins and we were lucky not to be 4-0 down by half time.
Secondly any time we attacked Madrid they looked vunerable and I would have liked to have seen us take the game to them more, I know this would have left us open more but we should not fear anyone we are the champions of england.
Thirdly how on earth we let Marcelo have so much space for his goal is beyond me and Im not blaming Vinny entirely for the goal as he showed Marcelo onto his weaker foot but where was the other players? he had so much space in a deadly area it was untrue.

We must quickly learn the lessons from last year if we want to qualify for the next round. Look at the Napoli away game where we lost 2-1, a draw would have seen us qualify and we need to learn that if we cannot win the game then we must not lose.

PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

New fans mate.

"We'll see things they'll never see".

sam-caddick said:
At the end of the day we never deserved to win, we got batted for the most part but I do agree with Joe Hart's post match comments, you cannot lose a 2-1 lead with 5 mins to go.

I must say though, as much as I would of prefered us to hold the ball better, Mancini got tonight spot on - a few defensive mistakes cost us that's all.

3-2 loss at the Bernabeu is not bad at all, everyone must remember we are still on a learning curve.
Away goals count right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.