Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

A Neutral Opinion (for what it's worth)

Positives:

Hart by far City's best player. I don't actually blame him for any of those last two goals, Benzema's was just a fantastic finish and Kompany should have just headed it clear with ease - which I'm sure is what Hart was expecting him to do.

Yaya is obviously another one worth a mention. An absolute beast of a player but the only one who looked capable of creating something tonight.

Dzeko also looked good when he came on and topped it off with a nice finish.

Negatives:

Tevez was poor. Don't get me wrong, the workrate was there, but he couldn't hold the ball up enough and didn't look on top of his game.

Barry & Garcia looked too stationary and I couldn't believe how isolated your right backs were made to feel time and time again against arguably the best player in the world last season. It felt as though it was only a matter of time before he popped one in as he was allowed to cut onto his right hand side and shoot with his favourite foot all too much. Neither Maicon or Zaba were helped out all night in that regard.

Overall, Madrid deserved the win on chances and territorial pressure alone, however I can't help but feel for you lot tonight. Aside from the luck you received in the first half (which, when any team goes to the Bernabeu, they wont come away with anything without a bit of luck on their side), you performed admirably at times, especially in the 2nd half.

I thought Nastasic, despite being a little nervy at times with some short passes, played fairly well (although if Lescott didn't have a knock coming into the game, I'm amazed he didn't start).

I know there will be a lot of negative heads around here tonight and people feeling down after throwing away a 2-1 lead with 5 minutes to go (which, in fairness, shouldn't happen) but you've got to remember where are you are now compared to where you were 10 years ago.

You've gone to the Bernabeu and given, arguably the best club side in the world right now, anm almighty scare and could easily have come away with 3 points with a bit more luck on your side.

I've seen people on here whinge about how the performance was poor, etc, but you're playing against a better team at the end of the day. In a couple of years, that might be you dominating Madrid at the Etihad. You think United or Arsenal would have come away with 3 points tonight? I don't.

This isn't the be all and end all in this group and this wasn't the one that would decide your CL fate this year. I certainly see you getting 6pts at home to Dortmund and Ajax and I quite fancy you to pick up 3pts away to Ajax too.

What I'm trying to say is chins up lads. Tonight's result shows you deserve to be in the CL and just think about that the next time you remember back to playing the likes of Mansfield, Wrexham and my very own, albeit very shite, Oldham!

Gaylord du Bois said:
Kompany is King said:
Rammy Blue said:
I thought one of the biggest faults lies with Garcia and Barry tonight, both were poor and didn't do their jobs correctly.

Garcia is new.

Barry played 90 minutes, gave his all. Only player 30 minutes previously this season.

Give the guys a break.
Rammy's right. I thought the cancelled each other out.

Every time a winger, like Tranny or Di Maria, cuts inside of the full back it's the two defensive midfielders jobs to cut out the opportunity to strike the ball by closing them down quickly.

It's not rocket science.

lust overlord said:
i♥city! said:
Kompany is King said:
Didn't Nasri go off injured?

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that bobby made a tactical blunder . We were down to ONE creative player and yet he took him out . He shouldn't have taken Silva out or better still he shouldn't have started Silva . We should have played a very tight compact game and then play an open game later on . Also after going 2 -1 up why didn't he order the players back and then throw in someone like Rodwell or Milner to choke up the midfield or Lescott to make it a 5 man defense ?

Because we had no subs left.

It all comes down to the post i made earlier on . Why on earth did we waste one spot by playing maicon ? If we played Zab instead of maicon then we wouldn't have had a shortage of subs . Maicon had no business in the field . Also whats with Javi Garcia placing both hands above his crotch ?

Marvin said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
RandomJ said:
I'm still fucking livid here. I can accept us being completely outplayed and losing what I can't accept is being in a winning position TWICE and throwing it away minutes later. The defence needs sorting out and soon or we will be getting fuck all out of this season.

You are automatically in my club of 3 people I currently like in this thread.

People don't get on here that its the performance that counts not the result. Had this game ended 7-2 to Madrid which it could have easily done EVERYONE would be going crazy but because we got some luck and it was only 3-2 its a 'brave performance'.

We played shit, from start to finish!
You tell me how you stop a team taking shots from outside the penalty area. We defended well so Real Madrid were forced into continual shots from outside the area.

No we didn't defend well. The difference is you see defending as being the 4 guys in front of the keeper. I see defending as being a team who press higher up the pitch like Madrid were doing to us and keeping possession of the ball so the opposition dont get prolonged periods of time camped out on the edge of our area blasting shots in.

Marvin said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
RandomJ said:
I'm still fucking livid here. I can accept us being completely outplayed and losing what I can't accept is being in a winning position TWICE and throwing it away minutes later. The defence needs sorting out and soon or we will be getting fuck all out of this season.

You are automatically in my club of 3 people I currently like in this thread.

People don't get on here that its the performance that counts not the result. Had this game ended 7-2 to Madrid which it could have easily done EVERYONE would be going crazy but because we got some luck and it was only 3-2 its a 'brave performance'.

We played shit, from start to finish!
You tell me how you stop a team taking shots from outside the penalty area. We defended well so Real Madrid were forced into continual shots from outside the area.

Agree. I'm sure some people expected us to go there and control the game for 90 minutes.

Re: How far have we came.

sjk2008 said:
citykev28 said:
Worksop Blue said:
Bloody hell.... Have you been in a coma?

No, explain why you would think that.

4 years ago?

Nope, I said 4 years previously. It was a reply to TTT who said that 10 years ago we were beaten by some shit team in the League Cup 3rd round and were mid-table. I simply stated that "4 years previously" we were even worse.

We lost a game against one of the best sides in Europe because our best defender made a mistake. We should be disappointed but this isn't the end of the world, tonight proved we have the players and manager to get out of this group!

johnmc said:
Full backs should show Ronaldo the outside. Even if they do a midfielder should be backing up the full back as soon as Ronaldo gets possession.

Yep it's basic stuff it's like we were showing him on his right so he can shoot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.