Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

If we'd lost 1-0 in a stale, dull game would so many people be so enraged ? It's disappointing but we now know the levels we need to progress. The players and management need to up their game 15-20% and are well capable. Real were impressive going forward and made us look ordinary but we hung on in there and nearly grabbed all 3 points.
The City fans were awesome throughout and we need the same v Arsenal.

We lost. However proud i am for the guys tonight (only a little) is offset by the deep disappointment at the result. We should have got a result, it doesn't matter where it was played. In the context of things, we were up 2-1, & to lose like that is just gut wrenching. I hate it when people try to justify this result by pointing out where we once were, we know that, its a losing mentality to do so, we are not the team we once were & i concur with what Hart's said.

Losing at the bernabeu would really really cost us because now Mourinho knows how strong we are so when they come to the etihad he would do what he does best . PACK THE BUS ! I wouldn't be surprised if he plays 7 defenders that day . We really messed up . Conceding 2goals in 3 minutes ? WTF .

Mancini saying Nasri and Maicon both injuried and that he wanted to put Ageruo on but ran out of subs

Re: Classless C***...

haha mate the great thing is that everyone can see it this time, there isnt much hiding away from the facts that are right infront of us anymore...............GRIN

Off to bed.

Too many mard arses on here tonight.

Get a f***ing grip.

Dortmund and Ajax won't get anything at Madrid.

It's a 4 game play off between us, Dortmund and Ajax.

Lose to either of them and you'll have ever right to moan.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Damocles said:
adrianr said:
That's the most infuriating thing. We weren't outdone in the end by the better team. We were done by a speculative effort at best, and our captain completely and utterly fucking it right up. You see every defender making simple clearances like that week in week out for everybody. It was so, so simple. If he'd sent it out for a throw we probably would have drawn the match and been in the strongest position to qualify from the group.

Bollocks.

No player in the league ha the type of perfection that you are demanding here. He didn't even make a mistake, he just misjudged the flight of a ball by an inch.

This is becoming ridiculous.

We should definitely start slating, I don't know, Barry maybe, for not playing a 60 yard ball for Tevez to run on to.

He was wrong about another thing too. We were outdone by the bette team. However glorious the failure may have been, Madrid were by far the better team. It is only good keeping and poor finishing that have us a sniff. In the first half we hardly kept the ball for more than 3 passes. They were hungrier than us and had we been 3.0 down at half time we couldn't have complained.

However we were better when kolorov came on and more so when Dzeko came on. We played well for 20 minutes of the 90.

Do you get off by being an absolute doom merchant....?....

Before the match most of us would have taken a draw at The Bernabeu, so ok, we're a point light on expectation. Yes, we could have nicked it but in all honesty - it could have been a famous victory but it would have been unjust on Real, if we're honest with ourselves.

stan bowles said:
If we'd lost 1-0 in a stale, dull game would so many people be so enraged ? It's disappointing but we now know the levels we need to progress. The players and management need to up their game 15-20% and are well capable. Real were impressive going forward and made us look ordinary but we hung on in there and nearly grabbed all 3 points.
The City fans were awesome throughout and we need the same v Arsenal.
I've only seen one or two "enraged". The rest are feeling just like Joe Hart explained himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.