Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Re: Classless C***...

Bigga said:
Honestly, is there a bigger classless **** in the game??

Sliding on to the pitch on his knees cos he won a GROUP game?!!

And there are City fans that wanted this tw@ in charge of our club.

I would have been MORTIFIED, had that been him managing City!!

Thank fook for Bob.

Or maybe he released some pressure after all the shenanigans going on with Ronaldo et al.

He is who he is, good and bad. But he is who he is. Which is more than can be said about most mindless sheep trying desperately to fit in.

I can see why stiff upper lip can seem more appealing to the conformed.

What was shit about him tonight was that he didn't shake Roberto's hand.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
No it isn't, no matter how dark the days were playing in Division 2 we were there and we came back, great, but now we are a top club aiming for top honours and the mentality has to shift.

What was at stake? a win at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid was at stake. Top of the group was probably at stake, confidence and appeal around the world was at stake because winning at the Bernabeu would have send waves around European football, there was a lot on that game tonight. Never forget Division 2 no but don't bring it up to try and justify poor defending against Madrid when we were winning in the last 5 minutes, it's nonsensical and it's about time some of you actually focused on the actual game instead of trying to justify the loss by talking about Chesterfield, the perspective, we've come a long way, yes we have, but now we're here let's start acting like we're here instead of acting like we were playing at Walsall on sunday.

You've misunderstood. Your lot are the guys acting like this was Walsall, like we have some divine right to win the game. This wasn't Gillingham away, we played the best club in the world. Throwing your toys out after a loss is now pathetic. If we lost against Forest or Port Vale, I'd get your anger. But we didn't. We failed to beat REAL MADRID at their home ground.

As I say, there are many on here who need a shift in their attitude.

No we're not, we're acting like this was Real Madrid away, a huge game in the Champions League and that we're very dissappointed that we didn't win the game from 2-1 up or at least draw when Vinnie should have made a simple block, nothing more to it. You're acting like because we played shit teams a decade ago this doesn't matter and thus we should just accept it like we should be eternally grateful and never criticise or be dissappointed because we used to be shit.

That is bullshit, we were shit, we had dark days and they were dissappointing, but you are the one lacking perspective because this is our current season, this was a big game and we were leading and then lost it softly, we are now a big club and this is our current season, this is what matters at this present time. We may have lost to one of the best teams in the world, but we lead 2-1 with 5 minutes to go and we lost it softly, I don't think you get the point. If we were in Division 2, or the League Cup and lost to Port Vale that would be very dissappointing.

But tonight we're not, we were at the Bernabeu and we were minutes away from winning and we lost it, not to two unstoppable goals but to 2 very preventable goals, and for what we are as Premier League Champions the least some of us expect is for our captain to get his head on the ball when he should do, he made a mistake and it cost us dearly in the game which we are now talking about in the thread about the game. That's the perspective.

Absolutely spot on. Christ even Khaldoons been banging on about changing our mentality to suit the club as it stands. Yes, we know it's Real Madrid in their own back yard. And yes, we know they have a wealth of world class talent. But given our position at 1-2 up loosing, with our own group of world class players, was completely preventable.

All night Barry and Garcia didnt move side to side and hassle opponents like Madrid to us all high up the pitch. Too many times Ronaldo was 1 on 1 an Di Maria just walked through the first line of defense, for example on their 2nd goal. It is not simply enough for the two holding players just to be there, they have to be all over their midfielders like a rash. De Jong could do it!!!

And to be fair, any other night where Hart isnt feeling like superman, we would have been 2 down after 20 mins at it would have been Bayern all over again.

Lots of individual errors and an all round poorish performance so 3-2 away to Madrid isnt bad considering we didnt play well.

Mancini however got his tactics for an away game in europe SPOT ON!

VIVA MANCINI!

jrb said:
Off to bed.

Too many mard arses on here tonight.

Get a f***ing grip.

Dortmund and Ajax won't get anything at Madrid.

It's a 4 game play off between us, Dortmund and Ajax.

Lose to either of them and you'll have ever right to moan.

Yeah the same way we hoped Villareal would help us out last time right ? Personally kolarov's goal was some kind of divine intervention lol . Champions don't throw away a 2-1 lead away from home . That's what teams like QPR do . Not City . Its going to be very hard for us to defeat RM at home . Mou would pack the bus and hit us on the counter .

chesterbells said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
Bang. Fucking. On.

No it isn't, no matter how dark the days were playing in Division 2 we were there and we came back, great, but now we are a top club aiming for top honours and the mentality has to shift.

What was at stake? a win at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid was at stake. Top of the group was probably at stake, confidence and appeal around the world was at stake because winning at the Bernabeu would have send waves around European football, there was a lot on that game tonight. Never forget Division 2 no but don't bring it up to try and justify poor defending against Madrid when we were winning in the last 5 minutes, it's nonsensical and it's about time some of you actually focused on the actual game instead of trying to justify the loss by talking about Chesterfield, the perspective, we've come a long way, yes we have, but now we're here let's start acting like we're here instead of acting like we were playing at Walsall on sunday.

Agree with this 100%. Needed saying.

We absolutely should be questioning any game where we are winning with 5 to go and then lose, regardless of who the opponents are.

Spot on post-match from Joe H.

Which is exactly what I said earlier on in this thread, I just don't think we should be reaching for the noose because we lost a game to Real Madrid. And this was pretty fucking far away from being dubbed the 'most disappointing night in our history'. Blimey.

thenabster said:
I hate these kinds of defeats.

The second half was entertaining though. I did learn 2 main things.

Dzeko is better than Balotelli period and for now should be the main goal scorer with a free electron like Tevez or Aguero behind him.

Secondly, I'm getting a bit worried by Mancini's European skill, every year he's been in the champions league his teams are nervous and he makes some stupid mistakes. I mean I know for this one its still early on but if we can't beat Dortmund were out. He really doesn't seem to be progressing European wise. He still is a beast domestically.

Spot on mate, we are in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ffs 9 time out of 10 you will get punished for a mistake and conceding 2 goals in 3 mins is suicidal. when we went 2-1 up Mancini should of been thinking that a draw is still a good result but we must not lose and if we can hang on for the win then that is a bonus. It was the same with Napoli last year and we need to learn from our mistakes

thenabster said:
PistonBlue said:
AlthamBlue said:
How was Nastasic? Stuck in an airport and not seen any of the match.

Couple of dodgy little moments but on the whole very positive I thought. Infinitely better than Savic put it that way.

Won't say that yet. Savic started super well too when he first arrived.

Against Real Madrid away? This lad will surely be twice the player Savic was looking to be.

blue44 said:
RandomJ said:
Heres a question is Kompany undroppable?

He has not been at the races all season and yes I know he is our captain but does that allow him to play shit and continually get picked? Maybe getting dropped for a game or two will give him the kick in the arse he needs.

if he dunt get dropped,tonight should have give him a big kick up his arse,how the fuck could he have ducked out of that at a time like that ?,he fucked up in the first half where he left the ball for hart,he should of just cleared the thing,have no confidence in him at all,5 games in now,at best 5 average performances from our captain
He made a mistake but he was very good for the rest of the game

You have no confidence in him? Who do you have confidence in then? he is by far the best defender in the Premiership

I think people are mis understanding the critics of Kompany as boo boys and just slating but it is frustration that our most consistent and magnificent leader has made a rather elementary mistake again. He hasn't played to his maximum so far this season and that doesn't make him shite or a boo boy target but if you are to be classed as potentially champions of europe then all the best players do not make bad choices at crucial times of a game and let's face it if my 10 year old son had ducked out of heading the ball in any minute of a game i'd let him know it wasn;t good enough !

VK has to learn and move on and not do it again and that will be the final measure of a truly great player.

Gutted.

To be winning in the 87th minute and to go onto to lose is shocking. Doesn't matter who you are that's poor defending. Don't even need to see the goals to know that. Seeing the goals, it's clear that Nastasic should have been closer to Benzema and one of Kompany or Hart should have stopped Ronaldo's weak effort.

But... there are obvious positives. Nastasic looks like a potential gem and we should now have no fear whatsoever about going anywhere in world football and getting a result. Better concentration and we'd have beaten Madrid at the Bernabeu. If we show the same spirit and hardwork our class will see us through the group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.