Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

i♥city! said:
lust overlord said:
i♥city! said:
Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that bobby made a tactical blunder . We were down to ONE creative player and yet he took him out . He shouldn't have taken Silva out or better still he shouldn't have started Silva . We should have played a very tight compact game and then play an open game later on . Also after going 2 -1 up why didn't he order the players back and then throw in someone like Rodwell or Milner to choke up the midfield or Lescott to make it a 5 man defense ?

Because we had no subs left.

It all comes down to the post i made earlier on . Why on earth did we waste one spot by playing maicon ? If we played Zab instead of maicon then we wouldn't have had a shortage of subs . Maicon had no business in the field . Also whats with Javi Garcia placing both hands above his crotch ?

But Mancini got his sub right in the end Silva for Dzeko,Dzeko scores.
Agree about Maicon,but Zab was partially at fault for the third goal anyway so who knows what had happened if he started.
Frustrating result but that's what happens at this level.
We never had enough controlled possesion,no height up front to hold up the long clearances.No real pace either to push Madrid defence back.

fanakapan said:
brotherblue said:
Dortmund winning their match makes things worse
All is not lost but we were lucky it wasnt cricket score

We should have held on after 2-1

Oh well , hope we play better at home

Either way its gonna be really hard we have the most difficult group[/quote

Cannot believe nobody has picked up on Kompanys AWFUL start to the season....he is not the same Vincent.....why did he duck out of the way for the third goal?
Sorry mate but I high-lighted this a few days ago.Vinnies not co-ordinating the defence at all whereas last season this was a strong part of his game.Apart from looking like a novice at the moment,the rest of the lads at the back are getting no leadership from him and are largely making it up as they go along,and the duck-out of Tranny's shot tonight was abysmal.

thenabster said:
I hate these kinds of defeats.

The second half was entertaining though. I did learn 2 main things.

Dzeko is better than Balotelli period and for now should be the main goal scorer with a free electron like Tevez or Aguero behind him.

Secondly, I'm getting a bit worried by Mancini's European skill, every year he's been in the champions league his teams are nervous and he makes some stupid mistakes. I mean I know for this one its still early on but if we can't beat Dortmund were out. He really doesn't seem to be progressing European wise. He still is a beast domestically.

What praise Dzeko? get yer tin hat on.

What a fuckin game though A++++++++++++

Sky Blue said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Damocles said:
Bollocks.

No player in the league ha the type of perfection that you are demanding here. He didn't even make a mistake, he just misjudged the flight of a ball by an inch.

This is becoming ridiculous.

We should definitely start slating, I don't know, Barry maybe, for not playing a 60 yard ball for Tevez to run on to.

He was wrong about another thing too. We were outdone by the bette team. However glorious the failure may have been, Madrid were by far the better team. It is only good keeping and poor finishing that have us a sniff. In the first half we hardly kept the ball for more than 3 passes. They were hungrier than us and had we been 3.0 down at half time we couldn't have complained.

However we were better when kolorov came on and more so when Dzeko came on. We played well for 20 minutes of the 90.

Do you get off by being an absolute doom merchant....?....

thats one of those rhetorical questions isnt it ?

Don't get too down fellow Blues, there's still a lot of football to play in this group. Real played like it was their final which I think says a lot about how good a team Mourinho thinks we are. It will be interesting to see if Real play with as much tempo and commitment against the other teams in this group home and away?

There's no reason to think that we cannot beat Real at the Etihad and any other team in this group. I still believe we will get into the KO rounds, and knowing City, will probably go out against Celtic in the QF!!!!

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Although he had a good game, Yaya's miss was the pivotal moment in the game, 2-0 at that point and it'd have been all over.

Fucking shame.
100% correct. Thought that at the time

We just needed to keep the ball for a few minutes after scoring. But it's not easy to do that. They pressurise the ball so much

We will have learned a lot, and unlike the Bayern defeat I think we will come out of this stronger. But this will have taken a lot out of us so may take a couple of weeks before we are able to hit back

In the meantime the woodworm will come slithering out of the holes we put them in

2 b fair, champions league games are always difference, there is the added GLORY factor, and when he hit that he was 70 percent GLORY RAVE and 30 percent target, .................u knw what i is saying yo

PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
Bang. Fucking. On.

No it isn't, no matter how dark the days were playing in Division 2 we were there and we came back, great, but now we are a top club aiming for top honours and the mentality has to shift.

What was at stake? a win at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid was at stake. Top of the group was probably at stake, confidence and appeal around the world was at stake because winning at the Bernabeu would have send waves around European football, there was a lot on that game tonight. Never forget Division 2 no but don't bring it up to try and justify poor defending against Madrid when we were winning in the last 5 minutes, it's nonsensical and it's about time some of you actually focused on the actual game instead of trying to justify the loss by talking about Chesterfield, the perspective, we've come a long way, yes we have, but now we're here let's start acting like we're here instead of acting like we were playing at Walsall on sunday.

I only brought up getting relegated at Stoke in response to your 'most disappointing night in our history' comment. I just thought you were over reacting somewhat.

Top of the group, after one game? Are you taking the piss mate? Would you got the fucking flags out because we're top of a four team group after one game?

Your life must be a series of tremendous highs and lows.

no it isn't, you want sweeping generalisations like Real are the best and had a great bench to justify Vinnie making a mistake, it's peculiar, it would be like saying Walsall had a former Premier League player on the bench, it's just nonsensical. We're talking about tonight, and I didn't say it was the most dissappointing night in our history. And for wanting me to see the bigger picture, it's you who's failing to see that a win away at Madrid would have put us in great shape to potentially top the group.

i think we got it wrong tactically by going in with one striker,the game totally changed when dzeko came on,we just looked a totally different team but we certainly did show the big boys
"We are Here".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.