Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Chippy_boy said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
We are only sore because we nearly mugged them and got away with it.

That's exactly how I feel. We came so close to stealing 3 points at Real Madrid, but they were the better team. Strangely though, I feel confident that we'll do them at the Etihad.

kinkysleftfoot said:
kippaxchris said:
Don Karleone said:
Have to agree,Maicon wasn't up to it at all

And Zabaleta was?

Thought Macon was ok..... Got isolated touch though against one of the best players in the world
I thought he was OK too, and against CR was always likely to find it hard, he was better than Vinny for me, who I thought had a poor game.

I love seeing people's ratings as it makes me laugh that people see a game so many different ways but here's my opinion....

Hart 7
Maicon 6
Vince 5
Nasty 6
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 4
Silva 5
Nasri 4
Yaya 8
Tevez 8

Kolarov 5
Zab 5
Dzeko 7

Keith Moon said:
I'm very proud of the team, probably the hardest away game in the world today, great performance.

sums up my thoughts

we can all be proud of the boys to push them to the very limit

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
Bang. Fucking. On.

No it isn't, no matter how dark the days were playing in Division 2 we were there and we came back, great, but now we are a top club aiming for top honours and the mentality has to shift.

What was at stake? a win at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid was at stake. Top of the group was probably at stake, confidence and appeal around the world was at stake because winning at the Bernabeu would have send waves around European football, there was a lot on that game tonight. Never forget Division 2 no but don't bring it up to try and justify poor defending against Madrid when we were winning in the last 5 minutes, it's nonsensical and it's about time some of you actually focused on the actual game instead of trying to justify the loss by talking about Chesterfield, the perspective, we've come a long way, yes we have, but now we're here let's start acting like we're here instead of acting like we were playing at Walsall on sunday.

You've misunderstood. Your lot are the guys acting like this was Walsall, like we have some divine right to win the game. This wasn't Gillingham away, we played the best club in the world. Throwing your toys out after a loss is now pathetic. If we lost against Forest or Port Vale, I'd get your anger. But we didn't. We failed to beat REAL MADRID at their home ground.

As I say, there are many on here who need a shift in their attitude.

Here's a thought; if you want to be the best in Europe then you need to defend a lead.
It ain't rocket science.

bluemoonmatt said:
Well, so near yet so far, being within touching distance of a historic result like that probably clouds our judgments. I can understand Joe appearing to be so emotional. That said its not all negatives. We will learn a lot from tonight and our progression from the group won't be decided by our away fixture vs Real. We should be able to beat both Dortmund (severely weakened since winning the Bundesliga) and Ajax (expect them to finish bottom) home and away. Every game is a learning curve and we'll learn more from tonight than the the other "seeded" English teams will when they beat their respective whipping boys this week. Nice to see that passion from Joe and I feel that despite losing the second half and therefore ultimately the game, we shaded it (though their first half performance probably made the result a fair one overall). We showed tonight an ability at times to perform on the big stage, we showed we can.

Every game is a learning curve and we'll learn more from tonight than the the other "seeded" English teams will when they beat their respective whipping boys this week

A gem of intelligence amongst a sea of mard arses.

Three big differences in quality between us and RM in my opinion that you could see:

1. Ronaldo. He has no equal besides Messi, you're just terrified whenever he has the ball. Aguero is our closest thing but still a level or two behind Ronaldo and Messi and I'm not sure even Aguero could have impacted the game much because of how we set up.
2. Kolarov vs. Marcelo, both attacking left-backs who can't defend well but look at the sheer difference in quality in their general play. Marcelo is more dangerous than most wingers. Kolarov scored as he tends to do when he's poor and it often masks his average ability which today nearly cost us several times.
3. Barry vs. Alonso. After last season I felt Barry was a great Premier League midfielder but not sharp and cultured enough for the Premier League. Alonso was magnificent for them and made them tick. These two players are a class apart and I can't help but laugh that Rafa Benitez wanted to ditch Alonso to sign Barry.

On the other hand they have no one like Yaya, Khedira isn't as good but they are just too good for us at this point and could have battered us if not for Hart. Maybe a wake-up call to the people who only watch the Premier League though and think we're the finished article, there are still better teams than us who we have to work hard to catch up to.

We're a distance behind Real Madrid and Barcelona even though we could beat both teams in the right set of circumstances (today we nearly did for example despite being clearly inferior and we might have a chance at the Etihad if the crowd gets behind our lads and conditions favour us). The two games against Dortmund may go a long way to showing our level on the European scene, a fantastic side who are better than the Napoli we faced last season - can we beat them using our accumulated Champions League experience?

mackenzie said:
Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
No it isn't, no matter how dark the days were playing in Division 2 we were there and we came back, great, but now we are a top club aiming for top honours and the mentality has to shift.

What was at stake? a win at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid was at stake. Top of the group was probably at stake, confidence and appeal around the world was at stake because winning at the Bernabeu would have send waves around European football, there was a lot on that game tonight. Never forget Division 2 no but don't bring it up to try and justify poor defending against Madrid when we were winning in the last 5 minutes, it's nonsensical and it's about time some of you actually focused on the actual game instead of trying to justify the loss by talking about Chesterfield, the perspective, we've come a long way, yes we have, but now we're here let's start acting like we're here instead of acting like we were playing at Walsall on sunday.

You've misunderstood. Your lot are the guys acting like this was Walsall, like we have some divine right to win the game. This wasn't Gillingham away, we played the best club in the world. Throwing your toys out after a loss is now pathetic. If we lost against Forest or Port Vale, I'd get your anger. But we didn't. We failed to beat REAL MADRID at their home ground.

As I say, there are many on here who need a shift in their attitude.

Here's a thought; if you want to be the best in Europe then you need to defend a lead.
It ain't rocket science.
Real Madrid haven't kept every lead they've taken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.