Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Gaylord du Bois said:
adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
No we're not, we're acting like this was Real Madrid away, a huge game in the Champions League and that we're very dissappointed that we didn't win the game from 2-1 up or at least draw when Vinnie should have made a simple block, nothing more to it. You're acting like because we played shit teams a decade ago this doesn't matter and thus we should just accept it like we should be eternally grateful and never criticise or be dissappointed because we used to be shit.

That is bullshit, we were shit, we had dark days and they were dissappointing, but you are the one lacking perspective because this is our current season, this was a big game and we were leading and then lost it softly, we are now a big club and this is our current season, this is what matters at this present time. We may have lost to one of the best teams in the world, but we lead 2-1 with 5 minutes to go and we lost it softly, I don't think you get the point. If we were in Division 2, or the League Cup and lost to Port Vale that would be very dissappointing.

But tonight we're not, we were at the Bernabeu and we were minutes away from winning and we lost it, not to two unstoppable goals but to 2 very preventable goals, and for what we are as Premier League Champions the least some of us expect is for our captain to get his head on the ball when he should do, he made a mistake and it cost us dearly in the game which we are now talking about in the thread about the game. That's the perspective.

Absolutely spot on. Christ even Khaldoons been banging on about changing our mentality to suit the club as it stands. Yes, we know it's Real Madrid in their own back yard. And yes, we know they have a wealth of world class talent. But given our position at 1-2 up loosing, with our own group of world class players, was completely preventable.
Dear oh fuckin dear. "completely preventable"?
You do realise that this is football youre talking about don't you?

Alright not completely preventable, but we're not fucking Ipswich Town. Joe Hart said it all, teams like us shouldn't lose games from those positions. Even against Real Madrid.

PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
PistonBlue said:
Which is exactly what I said earlier on in this thread, I just don't think we should be reaching for the noose because we lost a game to Real Madrid. And this was pretty fucking far away from being dubbed the 'most disappointing night in our history'. Blimey.

I didn't say that, stop misquoting me.

And nobody's reaching for the noose, we're talking about tonight and some of us are very dissappointed considering the position we had in the game, that's all, some people want to make a mole hill out of it but that's their prerogative.

Ok, you said 'one of the most disappointing nights in our history'. You're still over reacting though.

It's all relative, isn't it? what a huge win it could have been, what a huge statement in this new era for the club on the European stage and we didn't see it through, in a couple of years time, maybe not even that if we go through and do really well then it will lose its impact, but at the moment it's a big loss from being so close to a huge and momentous win, that's the context, it's unchartered territory for us, that's why it's so big. It's like that first title for so long, it means more.

Stoned Rose said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Well, so near yet so far, being within touching distance of a historic result like that probably clouds our judgments. I can understand Joe appearing to be so emotional. That said its not all negatives. We will learn a lot from tonight and our progression from the group won't be decided by our away fixture vs Real. We should be able to beat both Dortmund (severely weakened since winning the Bundesliga) and Ajax (expect them to finish bottom) home and away. Every game is a learning curve and we'll learn more from tonight than the the other "seeded" English teams will when they beat their respective whipping boys this week. Nice to see that passion from Joe and I feel that despite losing the second half and therefore ultimately the game, we shaded it (though their first half performance probably made the result a fair one overall). We showed tonight an ability at times to perform on the big stage, we showed we can.

Every game is a learning curve and we'll learn more from tonight than the the other "seeded" English teams will when they beat their respective whipping boys this week

A gem of intelligence amongst a sea of mard arses.

Very true

leipzigblue said:
Chippy_boy said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
We are only sore because we nearly mugged them and got away with it.

That's exactly how I feel. We came so close to stealing 3 points at Real Madrid, but they were the better team. Strangely though, I feel confident that we'll do them at the Etihad.

If we end up doing just that and getting out of this group then tonight just becomes a crazy chapter in this team's history.........."Remember when........."

I can understand some on here feeling a bit of uneasiness seeing how last year's CL played when certain results didn't break our way.

kinkysleftfoot said:
kippaxchris said:
Don Karleone said:
Have to agree,Maicon wasn't up to it at all

And Zabaleta was?

Thought Macon was ok..... Got isolated touch though against one of the best players in the world

Maicon wasn't ok he was "owned" by Cristina and Marcelo even Ozil had a go at him , he gave a below average performance . Zabaleta was wonderful . Personally i was hoping bobby played both Maicon and Zab , Maicon as a winger and Zab as a full back that way we would play "double" right back as Maicon would track back to help Zab . The both of them would have worked perfectly to frustrated Ronaldo and then bring in Nasri later on for Maicon .

I find it hilarious how people are being told by the happy clappers to 'get some perspective' for basically echoing what Joe Hart said in his post match interview. Someone should let him know that we got beat off Stockport County 11 years ago. I'm sure that'll cheer him right up.

It's this 'we went to the Bernabeu and gave it a go' lot that need some perspective. We are the CHAMPIONS of England, we threw 2 sloppy goals away in the last 5 minutes. Go and ask Yaya if he's proud of that display.

Rammy Blue said:
I love seeing people's ratings as it makes me laugh that people see a game so many different ways but here's my opinion....

Hart 7
Maicon 6
Vince 5
Nasty 6
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 4
Silva 5
Nasri 4
Yaya 8
Tevez 8

Kolarov 5
Zab 5
Dzeko 7

Hart 7
Maicon 5
kompany 6
Nasty 6
Clichy 8
Barry 6
Garcia 6
Silva 6
Nasri 5
Toure 8
Tevez 7
subs
Kolarov 6
Dzeko 8
Zabs 5

thenabster said:
After analyzing the game, Nastastic shouldn't have played. He almost sucked.

He defended much better than Kompany and Maicon.

BTW Real Madrid beat Barcelona recently 2-1 playing with about the same quality/energy levels they showed against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.