Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

In our half the entire match. Hardly any organized offence.And still could have come away with points. Should give the lads a kick in the pants. Lose by 1 in Madrid...
Play to a draw with Stoke at home.
The boys have to step it up that's all there is to it.

Very disappointing result. Real are a bit of a mess at the moment and I feel they will be greatly improved when we play them again(of course they mightnt need the points and hopefully we wont either) . If we held on for the three tonight we would be 90% certain of getting out of the group. Kompany was poor tonight. Nastastic was OK. We gave up way too many chances over the whole game for it to be considered a good performance. Tevez was ordinary. A fit Augero would have been three times better. His performances against Real/Barca in La liga were out of this world. Silva never got into the match. Toure was very good as usual.

mackenzie said:
Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
No it isn't, no matter how dark the days were playing in Division 2 we were there and we came back, great, but now we are a top club aiming for top honours and the mentality has to shift.

What was at stake? a win at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid was at stake. Top of the group was probably at stake, confidence and appeal around the world was at stake because winning at the Bernabeu would have send waves around European football, there was a lot on that game tonight. Never forget Division 2 no but don't bring it up to try and justify poor defending against Madrid when we were winning in the last 5 minutes, it's nonsensical and it's about time some of you actually focused on the actual game instead of trying to justify the loss by talking about Chesterfield, the perspective, we've come a long way, yes we have, but now we're here let's start acting like we're here instead of acting like we were playing at Walsall on sunday.

You've misunderstood. Your lot are the guys acting like this was Walsall, like we have some divine right to win the game. This wasn't Gillingham away, we played the best club in the world. Throwing your toys out after a loss is now pathetic. If we lost against Forest or Port Vale, I'd get your anger. But we didn't. We failed to beat REAL MADRID at their home ground.

As I say, there are many on here who need a shift in their attitude.

Here's a thought; if you want to be the best in Europe then you need to defend a lead.
It ain't rocket science.
Exactly. No team has ever lost the lead when leading. It's in the record books and everyfin.

lescott must be wondering what hes done wrong. Nastasic was good, but surely in a game of such magnitude he should have played.

Same with milner

MCFC BOB said:
mackenzie said:
Damocles said:
You've misunderstood. Your lot are the guys acting like this was Walsall, like we have some divine right to win the game. This wasn't Gillingham away, we played the best club in the world. Throwing your toys out after a loss is now pathetic. If we lost against Forest or Port Vale, I'd get your anger. But we didn't. We failed to beat REAL MADRID at their home ground.

Here's a thought; if you want to be the best in Europe then you need to defend a lead.
It ain't rocket science.
Real Madrid haven't kept every lead they've taken.

Let's not compare ourselves to RM just yet eh?
We are a work in progress and to say that a close result at their ground is an achievement in itself I agree. However, we are deluding ourselves if we think we are anywhere near to being the final package that could win the CL.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I didn't say that, stop misquoting me.

And nobody's reaching for the noose, we're talking about tonight and some of us are very dissappointed considering the position we had in the game, that's all, some people want to make a mole hill out of it but that's their prerogative.

Ok, you said 'one of the most disappointing nights in our history'. You're still over reacting though.

It's all relative, isn't it? what a huge win it could have been, what a huge statement in this new era for the club on the European stage and we didn't see it through, in a couple of years time, maybe not even that if we go through and do really well then it will lose its impact, but at the moment it's a big loss from being so close to a huge and momentous win, that's the context, it's unchartered territory for us, that's why it's so big. It's like that first title for so long, it means more.

The way I see it is the whole club needs to learn how to play in the CL. From the manager all the way down to the fans. In truth Madrid at times were on another level and they didn't even have their strongest team out there. Personally I don't expect us to even get close to winning the CL for another three seasons at least, even with further investment. So I see games like this as valuable experience, as was Napoli at home and Bayern away last year. The way we played the second half tonight was encouraging for me because until the 85th minute it went exactly to plan. They left gaps at the back and we exploited them. It all went tits up in the last five but we learn, we will learn from it.

mackenzie said:
MCFC BOB said:
mackenzie said:
It ain't rocket science.
Real Madrid haven't kept every lead they've taken.

Let's not compare ourselves to RM just yet eh?
We are a work in progress and to say that a close result at their ground is an achievement in itself I agree. However, we are deluding ourselves if we think we are anywhere near to being the final package that could win the CL.

Chelsea weren't, but they managed it, anything's possible, 5 more games to go, let's try and get through this group.

Making a debut at bernabau in champions league at the age of 19 infront of a 80000 crowd is no joke and doing reasonably well says alot for his ability.

Gaylord du Bois said:
mackenzie said:
Damocles said:

It ain't rocket science.
Exactly. No team has ever lost the lead when leading. It's in the record books and everyfin.

Sarcasm reigns.

Hart had it right tonight. Pity that some don't think the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.