Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

People should get the facts right about Kun before spouting shit ... "he only thinks of City "

In reply to several, here are the quotes in Spanish:

Agüero: "Si al Real Madrid le hubiese interesado estaría aquí"
AS.com | 18/09/2012

Sergio Kun Agüero aprovechó su paso por el Santiago Bernabéu en el encuentro en la Liga de Campeones para admitir que ahora jugaría en el Madrid si el club hubiera mostrado más interés. "Estoy en el City porque el Madrid no mostró verdadero interés por mí. Si al Madrid le hubiese interesado estaría aquí. No me quedó otra que irme al City", añadió.

También quiso desmentir la información publicada en Inglaterra en las que supuestamente aseguraba que nunca jugaría en el Real Madrid por su pasado rojiblanco. "Aprovecho para desmentir la información en la que supuestamente yo decía que nunca jugaría en el Real Madrid por jugar en el Atlético. Lo publicó un diario inglés", dijo a Canal+. Aunque el argentino sólo piensa ahora en el City. "Ahora estoy jugando en el City y no pienso en otra cosa", añadió.

También habló de la ovación que brindó el público del Santiago Bernabéu a David Silva. "Es normal, le dio mucho a España y los españoles le están agradecidos. Seguro que le quieren".

Sobre el partido admitió que puede que le haya venido bien no jugar para terminar de recuperarse y esta derrota le recordó a su pasado rojiblanco. "El Madrid es así. Estuve cinco años en el Atleti y sé que no se puede descuidar. Todavía sigo con molestias pero no me vino mal no jugar, aunque siempre gusta participar".

ABU inc GDR said:
bluebannana said:
why drop lescott whos been one of our better defenders

Because he can't pass the ball, if you haven't seen this one coming I'd be suprised. 1 mistake a game plus he's hopeless with the ball, we would be better off playing at left back for the simples games!!!

hopeless with the ball ??? he rarely makes a mistake, if anyhting kompany has been our worst defender

ForzaMancini said:
bluebannana said:
lescott must be wondering what hes done wrong. Nastasic was good, but surely in a game of such magnitude he should have played.

Same with milner

Agreed with Lescott but not with Milner. Nasri is a superior player to Milner, simple as that. Mancini gambled playing Nastasic but he played very good and I think Lescott playing we would have conceded much more possession than we did. Nastasic has a very good left foot on him. Mancini knew Madrid wouldn't give us any time so thats why I think he dropped Lescott.

Correct re Lescott. He likes to 'chill' in possession and isn't used to being closed down rapidly a la Madrid. Nothing to do with his defensive capabilities. I think Bob called this one right and was very brave in doing so.

80s Shorts said:
ElanJo said:
LoveCity said:
The Aguero quotes are real BTW, the club should have a word with him. Really disappointed in him saying that now of all times.

How do you know?

I would be dissapointed in those so called quotes too.

How do you know those quotes are real LoveCity ??

The quotes are from a known deluded fantasist. Take no notice.

Let's be fair about this the best team won on the night. When I was looking at predictions prior to the game most people were expecting a Madrid victory. It's not the end of the world because they have to come to the Etihad. On a positive note Nastasic was thrown into the lions den and played very well. He kept a very cool head. I would have preferred Zaba in place of Maicon. However they both allowed Ronaldo to cut inside, which really should not be allowed to happen.

Another positive was Edin. His confidence has grown and he is showing real leadership qualities. I hope he gets a run this weekend. I don't think I would have played GazBaz because he looked short of a run. Rodwell for me as he is faster.

Yaya showed his power and was desperately unlucky not to score. It will be nice to have Sergio back this weekend. He is missed.

Last season we lost to bayern and just missed out on going through, so let's keep a perspective on this.

Finally I thought Joe silenced a lot of his critics. The last goal he was deceived by Vinnie ducking.

Let's keep our chins up there is a massive game this weekend and it's the one we need to win!

Gutted about losing that way tonight but we can still make 2nd in the group at least. Garcia had a poor game tonight. Lets beat arsenal and carry on fighting. We must win our home games

Another thing...why is Kompany so stupid? A defender of his quality and he let Ronaldo past him about 5 times. Even I know that Ronaldo always cuts in and shoots and he got wrong footed every single time by thinking he was going to go to the byline and let him get a shot off.

Damanino said:
Milner maybe would give us something on the right.

Marcelo had an easy day no one tracked him we had no one on that side. Maicon was watching CR, Nasri went off after that Silva was in the midle, Kolarov left, Tevez upfront, Yaya middle, Barry/Garcia always somewhere else...
Clochy was doing a good job on Arbeola but he is not that good fullback as Marcelo going forward.

Marcelo was alone maybe if Milner plays instead of Barry he could cover the middle and the right side a little bit better.

Also they had a defensive midfield with Essien instead of Özil. We packed the midfield but there wasnt big danger coming from Essien/Xabi/Khedira, the danger was coming from CR/Marcelo/Higuain.

On Clichy side they had no good attack at all, even Di Maria came middle for a reason.

But our right side was fucked Marcelo came up easily even went to the middle and he had good space for passes/shots.

Barry/Garcia didnt do their job well. Maicon/Kompany/Zabba the same.

Attacks? Nasri/Silva, they were there but without any real good end product.
Tevez got no support from them, was isolated big time.

The truth is we played the only man that could keep hold of the ball too hich, when Mancini played Yaya further back we played with some attck. Nasri was usealess and Silva wasn't much better, neither of them held the ball up.

Hart, Yaya and Tevez were better than any of their plyers the rest of City's team were poor and don't have the class to match Madrid!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.