Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Got Kompany and Maicon mixed up a few times during the match, could be a case of a new player and a new kit, but they dont half look similar from a distance.

conormcfc said:
I find it hilarious how people are being told by the happy clappers to 'get some perspective' for basically echoing what Joe Hart said in his post match interview. Someone should let him know that we got beat off Stockport County 11 years ago. I'm sure that'll cheer him right up.

It's this 'we went to the Bernabeu and gave it a go' lot that need some perspective. We are the CHAMPIONS of England, we threw 2 sloppy goals away in the last 5 minutes. Go and ask Yaya if he's proud of that display.
Yeah, but I don't think as Champions of Spain, Real will be happy with conceding the 2 goals City scored either. Remember Real are top seeds in this group, this is only our second season playing at this level and we almost came away with something. Every player and fan can be proud of that.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Another thing...why is Kompany so stupid? A defender of his quality and he let Ronaldo past him about 5 times. Even I know that Ronaldo always cuts in and shoots and he got wrong footed every single time by thinking he was going to go to the byline and let him get a shot off.

I don't think Kompany is stupid , Its just that ronaldo is a very pacey player . Kompany did his best against ronaldo , The problem came from Maicon , he was supposed to be on ronaldo through out the game yet he left so much space for ronaldo to perform.

GOULDYBOBS said:
would have liked to see Mario in the lone striker role with tevez behind alongside silva. think Mario would have relished in the limelight. then again would probably have been sent off.
I have faith in bobby forza mancini

Stoke away tought you fuck all!

i♥city! said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
Another thing...why is Kompany so stupid? A defender of his quality and he let Ronaldo past him about 5 times. Even I know that Ronaldo always cuts in and shoots and he got wrong footed every single time by thinking he was going to go to the byline and let him get a shot off.

I don't think Kompany is stupid , Its just that ronaldo is a very pacey player . Kompany did his best against ronaldo , The problem came from Maicon , he was supposed to be on ronaldo through out the game yet he left so much space for ronaldo to perform.

this is where milner would have been handy, as nasri just doesnt track back.

Joe is perfectly entitled to say what he said. He included himself in his assessment and admitted that in a few days time the team will be able to take the positives from the game but that right now it was difficult. All pretty normal I'd say.

If a journalist then wants to twist that into telling Bob that Joe critisised the team (implying he hadn't included himself) then that's the journo being a ****. And it shouldn't surprise us. They are probably itching to create another Tevezgate so they can write more column inches on vacuous bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.