Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

drsqueggy said:
I'm absolutely gutted, it felt similar to that game at the swamp when Owen scored in extra extra time. Oh well, onwards and upwards, they have to come to Eastlands! I won't be in attendance but I'm sure you guys will have the place rocking!! CTID!!!
Hmmm!

waspish said:
conormcfc said:
I find it hilarious how people are being told by the happy clappers to 'get some perspective' for basically echoing what Joe Hart said in his post match interview. Someone should let him know that we got beat off Stockport County 11 years ago. I'm sure that'll cheer him right up.

It's this 'we went to the Bernabeu and gave it a go' lot that need some perspective. We are the CHAMPIONS of England, we threw 2 sloppy goals away in the last 5 minutes. Go and ask Yaya if he's proud of that display.

Spot on fans need to change there mentality we were 1-2 up 5 mins to go it wasn't a team of 10 years ago it was a team of top top player there and we should seen it out and I bet thats what Mancini thinks too
Managers job to find the faults, and fix them. Players job to fight for the win and execute manager's instructions. Fans job to support the team. Find fault by all means but find the positive too, and there were positives in the way we held the ball under intense pressure and got right at their goal in the 2nd half.

danburge82 said:
glen quagmire said:
We shit ourselves, when we went ahead. We invited them to pot shot our goal. We will remedy this with experience.

Great game.
We absolutely did. If we hadn't scored it would probably have ended 0-0, but we let adrenaline get the better of us. We really did shit ourselves when we scored both goals.

And, indeed, it was a great game! Just so disappointing to lose when being up twice and in the 87th minute too.

We'll get it right mate. The more we play in this tourney, the easier it will become, i am sure of that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-P8oDuS0Q[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 pm --<br /><br />
drsqueggy said:
I'm absolutely gutted, it felt similar to that game at the swamp when Owen scored in extra extra time. Oh well, onwards and upwards, they have to come to Eastlands! I won't be in attendance but I'm sure you guys will have the place rocking!! CTID!!!
gay comment.....gay man

Has anyone actually took a breath and realised that we could have been 2-0 up before they equalised. These are the margins we are talking about at this level.

We aren't going anywhere! We are here to stay for a long time!

Be a lot easier if we didn't get drawn in groups with Bayern and real Madrid but that's seeding. If we ever get into Pot 1, we'll be drawn against poor teams and be able to rest players for the Premiership games at the weekend

glen quagmire said:
danburge82 said:
glen quagmire said:
We shit ourselves, when we went ahead. We invited them to pot shot our goal. We will remedy this with experience.

Great game.
We absolutely did. If we hadn't scored it would probably have ended 0-0, but we let adrenaline get the better of us. We really did shit ourselves when we scored both goals.

And, indeed, it was a great game! Just so disappointing to lose when being up twice and in the 87th minute too.

We'll get it right mate. The more we play in this tourney, the easier it will become, i am sure of that.
True. And the defeat will probably do us better as a club long term as we will learn more from it than of we had managed to scrape a win (although it's not great for the group stage in the immediate future - but still 15 points to play for).

Terrible way to lose, but this was Real Madrid the best club side in the world. Their attack is scary good and they have dangerous players all over the pitch. Was listening to Wilkinson saying how you need to gang up on Ronaldo, but the problem is if you do that they have Ozil, Modric, Di Maria, Marcelo and Benzema on at the time.

Anyway it was a pretty good performance. The defence was solid and did a job against the best attack in the world. The back four of Clichy, Kompany, Nastasic and Maicon looks good. Dzeko was very good when he came on. Silva was ineffective. Nasri was lost again. Tevez was not great.

As for the goals the Benzema goal was pure class. Kompany maybe could have done better for the first goal. Marcelo had just had two great shots, which meant it was important to block him shooting on his left foot. Zabaleta should have been covering better. As for the third again Zabaleta was beaten too easily allowing Ronaldo to come in onto his stronger foot. Kompany maybe should have tried to get something on it, but Hart should have done much better.

Promising performance, but a poor result. Lots of pressure on your next game. You must beat Dortmund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.