Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Just an outsider opinion - but to me that game was all about the two defences. When City attacked the attacks were quickly dealt with and Real could get on with attacking themselves. When Real attacked, the City defence just wasn't able to provide the same strong foundation. I was so surprised to see you not signing a superstar defender in the window. It looks a bit like everything Garcia gives you in the midfield is counterbalanced by the lack of quality in the defence. To me the money would have been better spent there.

What a glorious night of entertainment though - thrilling stuff to watch. Brilliant noise from the away fans too - 'your just a shit barcelona' came through the telly loud and clear.

ABU inc GDR said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Has anyone actually took a breath and realised that we could have been 2-0 up before they equalised. These are the margins we are talking about at this level.

We aren't going anywhere! We are here to stay for a long time!

DELUDED !!
So you think if we had taken our chance at 1-0 there is some possible way we wouldn't have been 2-0 up?

And you think City aren't here to stay for a long time?

You were excellent tonight , another day that result could have been so different. You have ages to go yet - sure there will be plenty of twists and turns, football hurts - No matter who you support, that's the beauty of it.

We tried to play a defensive strategy with offensive players eg Silva, Nasri. Take one of those out and play Milner i think we would have gotten a better foothold in the game and made the other more effective

I thought Hart's post match comments were spot on. As were Dixon's when Chiles stated that he needs to 'get out of that frame of mind'. Dixon disagreed and thought it was a positive(as long as we don't dwell on it and we move on)

Nastic(spelling) looked good, Nasri didn't, Tevez played better when Dzecko came on and Yaya would walk into their midfield

To get through tis group we need to win every home game and beat Dortmund away, anything else won't do as I see AJax as Villareal of last season

I'ma waggit hunting

wabbit.jpg

ABU inc GDR said:
Has anyone actually took a breath and realised that we could have been 2-0 up before they equalised. These are the margins we are talking about at this level.

DELUDED !!

Run along rag boy!

Subtlety isn't its strong point.

danburge82 said:
ABU inc GDR said:

DELUDED !!
So you think if we had taken our chance at 1-0 there is some possible way we wouldn't have been 2-0 up?

And you think City aren't here to stay for a long time?
He's gone, don't waste any more time on it.

Markt85 said:
You were excellent tonight , another day that result could have been so different. You have ages to go yet - sure there will be plenty of twists and turns, football hurts - No matter who you support, that's the beauty of it.
I wouldn't say excellent. At times our passing was simply crap and we made many defensive mistakes and they had about a dozen good chances. But we almost got something.

We live and learn. Everyone will be disappointed tonight and will look at themselves in the mirror tonight before bed and think about how they could have done better. But that's a good thing. It wouldn't be good if they were all buzzing about nearly beating Real Madrid.

Long term these sort of nights make you a champion because of what you learn from them.

Cheers for the good luck and well done messages though Hammer!

Despite taking the lead twice we didn't deserve any thing tonight, we don't have a Chelsea type defence to hold out like that for 90 mins. It's frustrating to see us play so narrow all the time, time after time Maicon (who was poor anyway) was free in acres of space and yet we continued to go through the middle. Decent substitutions by Mancini but not exactly happy with his game plan overall. Yaya was immense going forward and had he taken that chance to make it 2-0 the game would have probably been over. Surprised Vinny played so poorly tonight, he was was taken to the cleaners pretty much every time. Tev was quiet but the rest had decent games. As for Dzeko, really pleased for him and a brilliant finish from the big man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.