Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Blue Smarties said:
shevtheblue said:
Over reactions on Bluemoon?? NEVER! Beforehand everyone was talking about not wanting to get humiliated, well we didn't. Yes we should have won that game and we fucked it up, it happens to the best of teams and especially at the Bernabeau in the Champs League as its clear UEFA have a hard-on for Real Madrid and Barca. With a little more leadership (i think Vinny should have been the one pushing the players forward instead of Javi trying to get the players to push up) and more belief in ourselves we would have beaten them. The positives, we scored 2 goals against them away that proves to the players we can score against them at home. Nasty had a great debut, did not look out of place at all, Barry was decent and that was his first start after injury, Edin was clinical and thats not to mention the best player on the pitch Yaya Toure...they were shit scared of him all night.
The positives - We had our tactics spot on which allowed us to score those two goals.
The negatives - We bottled it and chucked away all our good work.
Not sure i'd call it bottling mate, more that we didnt get it collectively right at the end..should have been pushing higher up instead of camping in front of the goal. Mancini can only do so much but when you are under that much pressure its easier to sit back. If you watch back, Javi is clearly seen tryna get the guys to push up but it didnt really work. All in all, i think we can be sad we lost but happy with the potential to win or at very least come second in this amazing group.

I do think the template for our opponents, especially away from home was again laid bare.

Real did it, Liverpool did it, Everton always do it.

Press us high up the field, we can't retain possession half as well, the ball invariably goes back to Hart, who is forced to hoof, and puts us on back foot once again.

I don't know what solution there can be for this?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Make sure we have an outlet. Being pressed high up the field is one thing - but leaving Tevez with no-one within 15/20 yards of him means that the "out" balls come straight back at us. We looked dangerous when Yaya made those bursts of his, but really I felt we were far too deep as a team and the gaps between midfield and our forward/s were just too big. This surprised me because having seen Real's midfield three, expected us to try and press them just as much. Essien, Alonso, Khedeira are hardly the most mobile trio.

I said last night I think we got the team shape just right - the difference for me was in the execution. If you look at when we played United at Old Trafford last season or in the FA Cup semi the season before, a standout feature was our desire to take the ball of their midfielders rather than standing off them and getting right back into our shape as soon as we lost possession. We were far more tentative last night and it still nearly paid off.

johnny crossan said:
Anybody know what the 'technical' reason was Mario's disappearance?

must admit had me pondering johnny?<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I do think the template for our opponents, especially away from home was again laid bare.

Real did it, Liverpool did it, Everton always do it.

Press us high up the field, we can't retain possession half as well, the ball invariably goes back to Hart, who is forced to hoof, and puts us on back foot once again.

especially if we have either carlos or sergio to receive the big hoof as we invariably have one up top in those type of games

This thread is embarrassing.

If supporters got the team and league position they deserve we'd be a non league side.

Embarrassing.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Make sure we have an outlet. Being pressed high up the field is one thing - but leaving Tevez with no-one within 15/20 yards of him means that the "out" balls come straight back at us. We looked dangerous when Yaya made those bursts of his, but really I felt we were far too deep as a team and the gaps between midfield and our forward/s were just too big. This surprised me because having seen Real's midfield three, expected us to try and press them just as much. Essien, Alonso, Khedeira are hardly the most mobile trio.

I said last night I think we got the team shape just right - the difference for me was in the execution. If you look at when we played United at Old Trafford last season or in the FA Cup semi the season before, a standout feature was our desire to take the ball of their midfielders rather than standing off them and getting right back into our shape as soon as we lost possession. We were far more tentative last night and it still nearly paid off.

The shape may have been right, but the personnel was a possible failing for me.

Whether it be Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, or Stoke at the Britannia, I genuinely believe we cannot afford the luxury of both Silva and Nasri in the same team.

At home, yeah, sure, all day long.

But away, I don't believe or expect either of these lads to have the required effort in their locker to not leave us open somewhere on the counter attack.

I agree re a focus up top, and Dzeko is now chomping at the bit, shades of Adam Johnson the way he made a point of gesturing to his name on the back of his shirt after scoring.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The shape may have been right, but the personnel was a possible failing for me.

Whether it be Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, or Stoke at the Britannia, I genuinely believe we cannot afford the luxury of both Silva and Nasri in the same team.

At home, yeah, sure, all day long.

But away, I don't believe or expect either of these lads to have the required effort in their locker to not leave us open somewhere on the counter attack.

I agree re a focus up top, and Dzeko is now chomping at the bit, shades of Adam Johnson the way he made a point of gesturing to his name on the back of his shirt after scoring.

I think most of us supporters and most of the pundits who's team predictions I saw had Zaba/Milner down the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.