Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't know what solution there can be for this?

Make sure we have an outlet. Being pressed high up the field is one thing - but leaving Tevez with no-one within 15/20 yards of him means that the "out" balls come straight back at us. We looked dangerous when Yaya made those bursts of his, but really I felt we were far too deep as a team and the gaps between midfield and our forward/s were just too big. This surprised me because having seen Real's midfield three, expected us to try and press them just as much. Essien, Alonso, Khedeira are hardly the most mobile trio.

I said last night I think we got the team shape just right - the difference for me was in the execution. If you look at when we played United at Old Trafford last season or in the FA Cup semi the season before, a standout feature was our desire to take the ball of their midfielders rather than standing off them and getting right back into our shape as soon as we lost possession. We were far more tentative last night and it still nearly paid off.

The shape may have been right, but the personnel was a possible failing for me.

Whether it be Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, or Stoke at the Britannia, I genuinely believe we cannot afford the luxury of both Silva and Nasri in the same team.

At home, yeah, sure, all day long.

But away, I don't believe or expect either of these lads to have the required effort in their locker to not leave us open somewhere on the counter attack.

I agree re a focus up top, and Dzeko is now chomping at the bit, shades of Adam Johnson the way he made a point of gesturing to his name on the back of his shirt after scoring.
Fair points. I thought adding Kolarov on the left in front of Clichy solidified that side a bit more and Di Maria only got into the game when he came inside after that (and setup their 2nd) and it wouldve been better if we had a similar option on the right where Maicon and then Zaba were getting overloaded constantly. I also thought that since we had 3 in midfield that either Javi or Barry should have been there waiting for Di Maria/Ronaldo to cut in and stopping that. We can handle crosses in from the by line because our centrebacks and big but cutting in and shooting we cant.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The shape may have been right, but the personnel was a possible failing for me.

Whether it be Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, or Stoke at the Britannia, I genuinely believe we cannot afford the luxury of both Silva and Nasri in the same team.

At home, yeah, sure, all day long.

But away, I don't believe or expect either of these lads to have the required effort in their locker to not leave us open somewhere on the counter attack.

I agree re a focus up top, and Dzeko is now chomping at the bit, shades of Adam Johnson the way he made a point of gesturing to his name on the back of his shirt after scoring.

I think most of us supporters and most of the pundits who's team predictions I saw had Zaba/Milner down the right.
if only Bob had read my entry in the Guess The Team Comp we'd be home and dry!

Kazzydeyna said:
This thread is embarrassing.

If supporters got the team and league position they deserve we'd be a non league side.

Embarrassing.
This. I know u shouldn't live in the past. But fuck me 70% of bluemoon users would have killed themselfs back when we were dog shit, how did you cope when we had Alan ball or when we got relegated to div 2 or when Stuart pearce had a fucking stuffed animal on the pitch for good look lol. Instead we loose a game away to the best team in the world when (not stats wise) we should have won. People act like its the end of the world. Every time we loose or draw or don't win 6-0 there's countless negativity it does my head in. Some people think we have the god given right to win every game by a massive score. Like Liverpool fans regarding top 4.

mcfc2607 said:
Kazzydeyna said:

If supporters got the team and league position they deserve we'd be a non league side.

Embarrassing.
This. I know u shouldn't live in the past. But fuck me 70% of bluemoon users would have killed themselfs back when we were dog shit, how did you cope when we had Alan ball or when we got relegated to div 2 or when Stuart pearce had a fucking stuffed animal on the pitch for good look lol. Instead we loose a game away to the best team in the world when (not stats wise) we should have won. People act like its the end of the world. Every time we loose or draw or don't win 6-0 there's countless negativity it does my head in. Some people think we have the god given right to win every game by a massive score. Like Liverpool fans regarding top 4.

clap clap clap.

Good stat this morning:

"Real Madrid 3-2 Man City: Real had 35 shots; only Bayern (43 v Chelsea) & Real (36 v Spurs) have had more in a CL game in the last 3 seasons"

sir peace frog said:
mcfc2607 said:
Kazzydeyna said:

Embarrassing.

clap clap clap.

Agreed

Anyone know the latest on Nasri's injury??

Generally great effort and well don City

However... we are conceding way to many goals in all competitions.

We do not press when not in possession and do not tackle, especially in midfield

This gives attackers a free run at us and has left Hart exposed time after time

mcfc2607 said:
Kazzydeyna said:

Embarrassing.

Living in the past mate.
We now have a club , owners and players of the very highest quality.
Last night was disappointing because we are again playing catch up and will struggle to qualify for the later stages. Arsenal is now a massive game to pick up the confidence.

Jumanji said:
The fact that the FBs were constantly left in 1 vs 1 situations without any kind of support costed City two goals (and could have been more).

Shameful tactics. You have to defend Madrid's players 2 v 1 on the flanks or you will get smoked.

+1

It's not rocket science, really.

Comrade Buka said:
Jumanji said:
The fact that the FBs were constantly left in 1 vs 1 situations without any kind of support costed City two goals (and could have been more).

Shameful tactics. You have to defend Madrid's players 2 v 1 on the flanks or you will get smoked.

+1

It's not rocket science, really.

I think the idea was to flood the penalty area with players and leave Madrid the wide areas on the basis that we could deal with balls crossed into the box and long range shots from the angles. The issue for me was that we didn't have anyone trying to push Marcelo back. Nasri was never going to have the legs/energy to do that, hence we should've started with Milner. Who incidentally would've provided more cover for the fullback too.

I know people think the Kola/Nasri switch was a good one - but for me it was actually a very poor one for two reasons a) because we shored up our left, Madrid's right, which was unnecessary, and b) because Milner would've done what i've said above, AND is far more versatile in terms of how we used our final substitution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.