Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

B\connellblue said:
last year away to Munich we took the game to them , were well on top early and but for the referee bottling it we'd have been in front.Disappointingly Last night we were like a rabbit stuck in headlights for the first 20. As far as i'm aware it's 11 against 11 in Europe as well as domestically, the rules are still the same, the ball is the same size. So why the fuck don't we just go out and play or normal game? The one mind boggling stat from last night reveals that we conceded all 3 goals after maicon went off. Proof if ever it was needed that stats mean nothing. He's worse than shite.

Lst year in Munich we wer taught a lesson and looked well out of our depth. Last night's performance was much better.

stonerblue said:
B\connellblue said:
last year away to Munich we took the game to them , were well on top early and but for the referee bottling it we'd have been in front.Disappointingly Last night we were like a rabbit stuck in headlights for the first 20. As far as i'm aware it's 11 against 11 in Europe as well as domestically, the rules are still the same, the ball is the same size. So why the fuck don't we just go out and play or normal game? The one mind boggling stat from last night reveals that we conceded all 3 goals after maicon went off. Proof if ever it was needed that stats mean nothing. He's worse than shite.

Lst year in Munich we wer taught a lesson and looked well out of our depth. Last night's performance was much better.
We were out of our depth last night too.

The cookie monster said:
stonerblue said:
B\connellblue said:

We were out of our depth last night too.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are better than us.

Anybody else....Bayern perhaps but that's it. Its just that we keep drawing them!

Would have probably taken a 3-2 loss before kick-off tbh, but the manner in which it went down was completely gutting.

Nastasic is 19 and just made his debut against Real Madrid and was arguably our best defender (Clichy was also excellent) Great long term signing.

I'm actually alright with playing Garcia and Barry/Rodwell in holding to free up Yaya, but then we can't play both of Nasri and Silva as well. Have to make a choice. Nasri was great for the first couple of games this year but had tailed off spectacularly, has looked a passenger recently. I'd drop him.

I don't know what's going on with Kompany, but he needs to fix it quick. Been poor every game this season from where I'm watching.

I like Garcia, but Maicon looked unfit and below standard. Didn't help he was left on his own but still.

Give Yaya the ball and watch him go. Made Xabi look like a championship player. I think an under-performance this season could see us lose Yaya tbh. Maybe I'm being paranoid but in the interviews he takes losing worse than anyone, openly called our CL performance last year a disaster even though we got 10 points, and his stock as a player is rising and rising. Need to match him.

I think Mancini in general has been a bit indecisive this season, needs to figure out his best team because it doesn't look like he knows it at the moment and we're trying different set-ups every game.

Overall though, we looked like we belonged and gave them a game, but I think the 'grateful to even be here' brigade probably needs to stop now. 2nd year in the champions League, not getting out of this group stage would be a substantial failure in my opinion. Hard group or no hard group.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Ex-Oasis singer Liam Gallagher was ejected from the Bernabéu last night. He ran down a terrace and kissed a security guard when City scored to go 2-1 up.

He certainly seemed to enjoy himself when City scored...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrKRgEyp1Nw[/youtube]

not sure why we opted to play so narrow against a team with so many good wide players. The choice of Essien suggest Mourhino was expecting Mancini to play narrow.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would like to know at what stage the penny dropped for both Vinny and Zab.

A) That Marcelo can shoot on his lesser foot.

B) Ronaldo likes to work the ball onto his right foot and shoot at every opportunity.

This is what disturbs me about our research and team selection.

There were hardly any occasions in the whole 90 mins that I saw Garcia help the fullback by denying the cut inside. What the fuck was he told to do pre-match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.