Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

If this had been in the knockout phase of the competition our away goals would have stood in good stead. Have to say overall RM were the better side but we almost ended that run of them winning first home match in CL. Proud to be blue but realistic enough to say we are not the finished article by a long way and some of our players will need to up their game if we want to compete this year.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
brotherblue said:
Dortmund and madrid both nw have 3 points each and us and ajax nil each.

We will have to work very hard every game to make it out of this group.

We have the squad to do well in CL , just hope we dont have too many injuries to key players and we should be fine .... If chelsea can win it with THAT squad i have no doubt that with a little bit of luck we can win the CL !

Dortmund is already must win. Lose that and we are in the shit.

Takes some Prozac mate and hide the razor blades.

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
Nearly .... very very nearly. Under the circumstances we've got to be disappointed that we didn't take a point. I thought we got the balance just right in the first half. Difficult to analyse the second half from the TV point of view. I think we played far too deep at times and invited far too much pressure but who knows what it was like out there with a team of Madrid's quality with their tails up and a point to prove.

I suspect that I'm drunker than you so am getting a bit sentimental but this is generally what I mean. We went to the Bernabeu Billy and we fucking put it up 'em.
Personally I was disappointed with the performance, I thought they should have been well ahead by half time, they let us in twice, we let them off.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

get a grip? biggest night on the European stage in god knows how long and we threw it away, that is very dissappointing such was the occassion and what was actually at stake, the Champions League is on a whole other level to Division 1 so getting all sentimental about the "good ol' days" is the only thing to get a grip off.

We didn't "throw it away", the best fucking player in the world scored against us. You're showing your age again Ben. Calm down.

I'm proud of our boys. We had 3 players on the pitch that need to gel in, It's their bloody second game they play together and they we're thrown in the big game.

I'm just mad at Vinnie for his unnecessary ducking.

Can't wait rematch on out turf.

CTID

brotherblue said:
Dortmund and madrid both nw have 3 points each and us and ajax nil each.

We will have to work very hard every game to make it out of this group.

We have the squad to do well in CL , just hope we dont have too many injuries to key players and we should be fine .... If chelsea can win it with THAT squad i have no doubt that with a little bit of luck we can win the CL !

We can beat Madrid at home.

Proud of our players to have managed to score 2 goals at their stadium, though I thought we gave too much respect to RM. Our formation was defensive(?) in the sense that we just let them have the ball.

Nasti had a good game for his debut, 2nd goal was not his fault..i don't think anybody could have closed down Benzema, the way he did a quick turn and took a shot..

Hart could have done better for the third goal, though I think he was expecting the defenders to take care of Ronaldo, a mistake since he should have been on his toes, especially when it concerns Ronaldo.

If we were planning to play just one striker up front, I felt it should have been Dzeko..Tevez tried his best but was largely ineffective trying to take control of long balls against much taller RM players. Once Dzeko came on, Tevez was much better playing a support role.

Have to say Yaya was brilliant, just wish he could have converted that chance he had..

Gutted we lost, but we played a good game..my thoughts on the RM players - they were quick, really pressured and bullied our players off the ball..then when our players tried to do the same, they went down as if struck by lightning, bunch of pansies.

Hope Mancini learns from this, and we win enough of our remaining games to go through to the next round..

I'm still fucking livid here. I can accept us being completely outplayed and losing what I can't accept is being in a winning position TWICE and throwing it away minutes later. The defence needs sorting out and soon or we will be getting fuck all out of this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.