Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Shows how far we have come really - after the first half when we didnt have one chance and Madrid had a bagful we should have been 2 or 3 down - couldnt beleive it when we scored as we didnt deserve it - same goes for goal number 2 which was fortunate - the way it happened is gutting but I would have taken 3-2 before the game just not the way it happened. There are still 5 games to go.

The rags are all over this - who's obsessed??

Great effort tonight and in the 30 yrs of supporting the blues it was emotional to see us up against Madrid in a match the whole country is watching. I remember when we had midweek games with Barnsley and Oxford to look forward to.
What is annoying though is that with the seasoned pros we have we cant hang on for 5 mins with a 2-1 lead.
MOM tonight for me was YaYa ,but Dzeko must get credit too for the cool finsh.also Nastatic looks a great propset.
We can still get through we need to bt Ajax and Dortmund at home and pick up at least draws away from home 2 these two.

jimharri said:
hayley77 said:
Did kompany duck for the bucktooth twats goal...just been asked of Mancini, what is he ment to say to that....ahhhh no, he slipped....
Looked like he ducked under it.
Looked like he ducked to me,fcuking gutted we could'nt hold the lead,two of their goals were deflected...

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Kolarov, Dzeko, Zabaleta

Benzema, Ozil, Modric

Three of those players are world class (or very nearly).

That is the difference

Then go support Real Madrid.

Awful first half. Completely lacking right intensity. Far too deep throughout the game really. But improved in second half and obviously, scored twice. Not acceptable to concede twice in last ten minutes though after being 2-1 up. Not for me anyway. At any level.

On the other hand, when we face them in November, Garcia, Nasty etc...will be much more settled and Barry too. Aguero back as well.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

get a grip? biggest night on the European stage in god knows how long and we threw it away, that is very dissappointing such was the occassion and what was actually at stake, the Champions League is on a whole other level to Division 1 so getting all sentimental about the "good ol' days" is the only thing to get a grip off.

And what was actually at stake?

Well, 3 points actually in our second term of CL football.

Our Club was pretty much at stake when we were relegated to the third tier of English football.

So yes, get a fucking grip, and a little perspective wouldn't go amiss either.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
PistonBlue said:
Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

New fans mate.

"We'll see things they'll never see".

New fans? the cheek. If your deluded eyes can't accept that Vinnie should have stuck his head on the ball and that there was no "individual brilliance" about it then it says a lot more about you than it does me.

Ronaldo is a) not the best in the world and b) it wasn't even his best effort in the game and should have been stopped, nothing to calm down about, you're just being patronising as your misguided interpretation of the game has been disagreed with.

Ronaldo has scored 150 goals in 3 seasons. By any stretch, he is an exceptional talent and arguably the best in the world.

We went to the biggest club ijn the world, with some of the best players in the world and were beaten by two goals in the last five minutes in our second season of CL play.

As I say, maybe the older fans just have a better perspective. I'm gutted that we lost, but this whole "the sky is falling" lot need to think about it a bit harder.

Been a City fan has never been easy. Failing to beat the best team in the world on their home ground is probably acceptable in our current development. They've had 70 years at the top. We've had 4.

I'm just so confused, we absorbed the first half pummeling from RM but then that's the sign of a great team.

We woke up in the 2nd half and certainly seem to shift the balance of the game and seem to have secured a win, a draw at least Joe's right we shouldn't have lost this game but I need to feel that we take something positive from our performance.

We haven't been dumped out of the Champions League and we can still progress? We are getting better, we have a great manager, phenomenal team spirit and a huge desire to be the best team and reward our loyal supporters.

City 'Til I Die (I think?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.