Real reason why we won't win the league

Re: real reason why we wont win the league

Sam. said:
NDJ played less that half of our PL games last season. The impact he actually had on our football has been exaggerated by many since he left.
He has become Pele/Maradona/Messi/Neymar?Ronaldo 1 and 2, Beckenbauer since he left the exaggeration of him is truly staggering.
I think people have seen the build up to THE goal that there mind has been warped in to thinking NDJ was pivitol for us

I think there's some good points here.

For me though, it all comes down to Van Poncey.

Simple fact is that had we sold Mario or Edin and replaced them with Van Poncey we would have romped home, partly because without him the scum would have been shite this season.

Had we been able to buy him is another matter and it's all irrelevant anyway - we didn't, they did.

Despite being disappointed by this season, I only feel like that in comparison to last season and the fact that I'd rather lose the title to any team but them! Truth is, as a 40 something blue, I can't be disappointed with a 2nd or even 3rd place finish knowing that we've still got great things to come and 'they' are perhaps on the final crest of their wave!

Anyway, I'm just going to try and enjoy the rest of the season, whatever the outcome!

Techno said:
I think there's some good points here.

For me though, it all comes down to Van Poncey.

Simple fact is that had we sold Mario or Edin and replaced them with Van Poncey we would have romped home, partly because without him the scum would have been shite this season.

Had we been able to buy him is another matter and it's all irrelevant anyway - we didn't, they did.

Despite being disappointed by this season, I only feel like that in comparison to last season and the fact that I'd rather lose the title to any team but them! Truth is, as a 40 something blue, I can't be disappointed with a 2nd or even 3rd place finish knowing that we've still got great things to come and 'they' are perhaps on the final crest of their wave!

Anyway, I'm just going to try and enjoy the rest of the season, whatever the outcome!

This is the key.
Enjoy the season, enjoy the fact that second place is now considered failure at this club. Enjoy and anticipate a summer of mass change.

Enjoy and anticipate that in ten years not only will finishing second be a dissapointment, but finishing with two trophies in one season will be a dissapointment.

These blips will makes us more hungry.

Skashion said:
I have no idea why we won't win the league. After all, everyone expected us to walk the league this year with Tevez and Aguero.
dat-troll-meme-i-made-with-my-extreme-paint-skills_c_721540.jpg

eshiers1 said:
but we didnt get rid of balo until last month and in the time he played for us this season his performances on the pitch were pretty poor

the real reason why we wont win the league this year...united want it more than us, ferguson improved united more than we improved

And how did he "improve united more than
we improved"? And don't give me that RVP
shit coz we claim to have better players and
more depth. Embarrassing!

Mancini was not backed in the summer by the owners. The 2 players that he desperatly wanted RVP and Hazard he was told by Marwood he couldn't have. Instead we brought the inept Sinclair, Garcia and Nastisic. The latter being the only man truly up to the job.

It was a fine margin that we won the league by last season this seasons the way we are playing its looking like a country mile that we are gonna lose it by this. When you look at the the rags there squad is far inferior to what we have but they have someone who turn the likes of Jonny Evans, Danny Welbeck and Zindiene Cleverly into half descent players and we don't right now. I don't see the the point in sitting pointing the finger at who is to blame and talking about sacking people. Lets just go out there win as many games as possible and try and at least salvage something from what there is left.

Mike D said:
Mancini was not backed in the summer by the owners. The 2 players that he desperatly wanted RVP and Hazard he was told by Marwood he couldn't have. Instead we brought the inept Sinclair, Garcia and Nastisic. The latter being the only man truly up to the job.

It was a fine margin that we won the league by last season this seasons the way we are playing its looking like a country mile that we are gonna lose it by this. When you look at the the rags there squad is far inferior to what we have but they have someone who turn the likes of Jonny Evans, Danny Welbeck and Zindiene Cleverly into half descent players and we don't right now. I don't see the the point in sitting pointing the finger at who is to blame and talking about sacking people. Lets just go out there win as many games as possible and try and at least salvage something from what there is left.

This summer's signings will be a significant upgrade on last summer's.
Think Cavani, Falcao, Baines, Fellaini, Bale, Begovic, Ogbonna.
We'll be trying our hardest to secure atleast three players of this caliber nice and early to make a massive statement of intent.

The board will have learnt from last summer.

King-Kun said:
Mike D said:

This summer's signings will be a significant upgrade on last summer's.
Think Cavani, Falcao, Baines, Fellaini, Bale, Begovic, Ogbonna.
We'll be trying our hardest to secure atleast three players of this caliber nice and early to make a massive statement of intent.

The board will have learnt from last summer.

Begovic, ogbonna I hope not those 2 in fact i know not those 2

We celebrated for too long, bought badly, pissed about all pre-season with silly formations, started the season sloppily, rotated when we needed fluidity and kidded ourselves that everything would eventually come good.
Apart from Zabaletta, Milner, Dzeko and arguably Kolarov, virtually every player has underperformed this season.

Even worse most of this was blindingly obvious last October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.