Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

de niro said:
top 3 and the fa cup would be great. add the europa league then its been a good season.

Winning those 2 and third would be a great season

I still expect a title challenge. If we slip further behind Chelsea it'll be a fucking disgrace IMO with the players we have.

Can't even see where the next win is coming from at present though. Swansea aren't going to be a push over.

I'm confused.

There would be no shame in finishing second behind a very strong Chelsea, especially if they pick up 90-95 points.

Anything less than second would be very disappointing because whoever came second just wouldnt have a squad anything like as good as City's.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
de niro said:
top 3 and the fa cup would be great. add the europa league then its been a good season.

Winning those 2 and third would be a great season

need to get in the europa first before we can even think about it, and the way we are performing in champs league currently doesn't bode well.

I'd expect a top 2 finish. And a real go at Europa (if we qualify)/FA Cup.

More interested now in the side playing well again, focusing on clean sheets and getting a bit of confidence up for next season.

Would be nice to see a couple of kids get an opportunity, even off the bench.

I know we have overcome this gap even closer to the end of the season before but this Chelsea side is going to win the league. They've already shown league winning characteristics. Winning when they are not playing well, being hard to beat and winning the majority of their games. I don't think they will drop many points. Yes they will drop some, I don't think they will make it unbeaten through the season however, we will not win every game and therefore I can't see us making up the gap.

Targets? 2nd in the league. FA Cup winners and if we fail to qualify to the knockouts of the CL then Europa league winners. I would have rather finished 4th in the CL group and won the league but I seriously feel as though it will be incredibly difficult to get that close to Chelsea. I still think we will get to 85pts or so but I think they can make over 90pts this season even with other commitments. Target no.1 is toclose the gap and put pressure on them going into the big games in the CL in the new year.

A lot of people saying top 3 so my question would be who do these people think will push us to 3rd
fair dos Chelsea seem to be running away with it but who's going to get 2nd over us

For the remainder I would like us to push Chelsea all the way and claim at least 2nd
Win the FA cup
and if we dont get through the UCL and go into the Europa get to the semis at least

the way we're playing it'd be a great achievement to avoid relegation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.