Realistic outcome now for rest of season

Not been picked up on yet but we will have one of those interesting 'who do we want to win' dilemas coming our way on the weekend of the Capital One cup final. One that will really highlight the blues who are looking up from the ones looking down. The rags play Arsenal....

Perhaps a bit OT, but when I look back over the past few seasons, we were so awesome as a footballing side that the only times we ever really struggled - or at least the only times the other team had a hope in hell - was if they parked the bus and then tried to sneak a quick win on the break, right at the end. A la Sunderland.

But other than that, if teams wanted to play football, by and large, we'd thrash them. Our possession and retaining the ball was just immense and the other team would have run around chasing after it and not getting a sniff for minutes on end.

WTF has happened? Now we can barely keep possession for 3 or 4 passes. Teams try to out-football us and often succeed. We really have become a shadow of our former selves.

The kamikaze defending - frustrating as hell as it is - does not explain why we can't keep possession and create chances like we used to. I really don't get how come we've been so shite (comparatively speaking). Yesterday, we played better than we have in a while, but we were for large parts of the game outplayed by Spurs, who we used to beat for fun. It's all a bit depressing to be honest. Great to have VK back, but VK isn't the reason we've turned to shit in midfield and attack.

sadly i think the league is lost. chasing 3 teams is just too much at this point i think. i think we still solid for top 4 and league cup. and we will advance at least one round in the CL and possible more dpending on match up and injuries.

That's reasonable and I'd settle for it — not exactly happily, given the talent that I still believe is in this team and this squad, but in a glass-half-full sort of way. The league is, I think, gone because, unlike 2012, where we depended on one team folding (and a team that I think Ferguson still had playing beyond its sell-by date, to be honest), we've got to have the three of them folding, and I just don't think it's going to happen.
We could still go on a good run in the Cup, too. All that'd do me, while waiting for Pep. Not that he's the messiah (even if he is the best manager in the world…)

If Vinny is back for the remainder of the season we will win the league. Tim Sherwood last night on MOTD, whan asked who he thought would win the league: “City”. And I agree with him. And we’ll beat Liverpool and make it a cup/league double.

He didn't mean Leicester, did he? :-(

All my eggs are in making sure Top 4 is achieved. Make sure Pep starts his tenure where he expected, rather than coming in a year behind already.

Thought we played well yesterday , just unlucky. You could see the difference VK made, we looked much more solid. We always play better when it warms up, still think we can do it.

sadly i think the league is lost. chasing 3 teams is just too much at this point i think. i think we still solid for top 4 and league cup. and we will advance at least one round in the CL and possible more dpending on match up and injuries.

I'd rip your arm off for that right now mate!!!

FA CUP=victory
Leauge cup victory (silva 2 goals 2-1 sturridge 1)
We win the leauge beating tottenham on goal difference. .3..Leichester and 4 Southampton
Beat bayern in the final, lewandowski own goal and icheanocho 2 3-0
The turning point was the spurs game!!

FA CUP=victory
Leauge cup victory (silva 2 goals 2-1 sturridge 1)
We win the leauge beating tottenham on goal difference. .3..Leichester and 4 Southampton
Beat bayern in the final, lewandowski own goal and icheanocho 2 3-0
The turning point was the spurs game!!

I want some of what you have been smoking!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.