Really Winds me up

km09 said:
When people ask me who I support and when i say City, They say oh Glory Hunter and I only support them since last season. really bugs me, considering ive had the complete piss taken outta me at school for being a city fan the days when joey barton was our best player etc.

Just a thought, the 09 in your username's a dead give away ;-)

In my 13 years living in Ireland, mainly through our shite '90's, For English clubs it was rare to find a fan of anyone other than Rags, Liverpool and Arsenal. There were the odd few but those that may have had a liking for unsuccessful clubs tended to hide behind the 'I support Celtic and occasionally like to watch <insert club here>' banner. I did actually know 3 people who supported City. One who I talked football to and the other 2 were not really into football at all and just named City as their club for some sort of attachment.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:41 am --<br /><br />
ell said:
One thing I found funny teams go to the swamp and sing "We support our local team" then come to our place and sing it.

So who do Mancunians support then?

Bolton Wanderers obviously, as Brendan Rodgers is convinced that Bolton is in the centre of Manchester.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I love it when people say this sort of thing to me, as it affords me the opportunity to impose the force of my personality upon them.

They usually wave the white flag after five or so minutes.

I would love someone to accuse me of being a Glory Hunter. Love it.

i'd get medieval on their arse.
You'd think given my age (same as yours DD) they'd think before making the suggestion.

They always wish they hadn't very shortly afterwards ;-)

We've earned our stripes and with it the right to be a little smug, I reckon.

Wierdly, the nearest I've come to it was through my wife, who has little interest in football. She came back from a business meeting at a sports company and the guy she met had talked football (she works in the industry) and she'd said her husband supports City, to which he'd apparently said "Oh, has he just started going". She didn't realise it was an insult and said, "No, he's 42 and has gone since he was a boy" to which he changed the subject.

Didsbury Dave said:
I love it when people say this sort of thing to me, as it affords me the opportunity to impose the force of my personality upon them.

They usually wave the white flag after five or so minutes.

I would love someone to accuse me of being a Glory Hunter. Love it.

i'd get medieval on their arse.

You should try working in a Southern based office, surrounded by dopey gooners and armchair scousers and rags, all prepared to drink in every lazy media constructed myth going and foolish enough to repeat them within earshot. It's such fun, I start it myself half the time!

I love the fact I have a southern accent and support City because it means I can rip the shit out of a rag fan when he calls me a glory hunter. One asked me to stop just the other week
Fucking daft cunts

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I agreed with a Rag on Facebook some time back that I was indeed a 'gloryhunter'. Yep, I said, gloryhunting since '55!
I have said similar ,when asked if I am a glory hunter I have said I have hunted for glory for 38 years and now I have found it.

Or just say "Yeah, Great Innit". You know your level of support for Man City, just as I do and every other
City supporter does. Doesn't matter what other people think, it's what you know that counts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.