Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture(s) vs. Sunderland & Villa (Edited)

Mothball said:
What happens if the Wigan game needs a replay!!!
Fuck off!! Things are bad enough without throwing something like that into the mix!! I bet you're a right laugh at parties.

Mental_blue said:
Mothball said:
What happens if the Wigan game needs a replay!!!
Fuck off!! Things are bad enough without throwing something like that into the mix!! I bet you're a right laugh at parties.

Ha Ha it comes with years of being a blue, thinking of worst possible scenarios, although if we are 1 behind with 30 seconds left i would bite your hand of for a replay!

I know its to short notice now but why couldnt we have played the re aranged Sunderland games next Wednesday?

Ja Salford Blue said:
I know its to short notice now but why couldnt we have played the re aranged Sunderland games next Wednesday?

International friendlies

If we beat Wigan and Sunderland win their FA cup 6th round tie then us and the mackems are in exactly the same position with regards fitting in rescheduled games due to League cup,FA cup and the postponed match between us. If UEFA insist on their ridiculous rule of no clashes with CL nights, I could see a final week of Everton (a) Saturday 3rd May, Liverpool(a) Tuesday 6th May, Sunderland (h) Thursday 8th May and West Ham (h) Sunday 11th May as slotting the Sunderland game in there impacts on no other teams apart from ourselves and Sunderland who would also be playing 4 games in 8 days

If we get to fa cup semis as is likely then Liverpool away gets moved prob to 2nd last game of season. Possible title decider

Luddite_Blue said:
If we beat Wigan and Sunderland win their FA cup 6th round tie then us and the mackems are in exactly the same position with regards fitting in rescheduled games due to League cup,FA cup and the postponed match between us. If UEFA insist on their ridiculous rule of no clashes with CL nights, I could see a final week of Everton (a) Saturday 3rd May, Liverpool(a) Tuesday 6th May, Sunderland (h) Thursday 8th May and West Ham (h) Sunday 11th May as slotting the Sunderland game in there impacts on no other teams apart from ourselves and Sunderland who would also be playing 4 games in 8 days
Wrong.

There is nothing to stop City playing Saturday-Monday to accommodate the Villa or the Sunderland match most weeks in April even if there are Champions' League matches on Tuesday and Wednesday. That leaves two free mid-week slots in April and May to fit in the other match and the Liverpool fixture.

Any chance that you could throw in health and safety regulations, like there is in proper work, so that we are not allowed to play more than so many matches over a set period etc.
Because of the World Cup maybe we could play the remaining matches after that!

Luddite_Blue wrote:If we beat Wigan and Sunderland win their FA cup 6th round tie then us and the mackems are in exactly the same position with regards fitting in rescheduled games due to League cup,FA cup and the postponed match between us. If UEFA insist on their ridiculous rule of no clashes with CL nights, I could see a final week of Everton (a) Saturday 3rd May, Liverpool(a) Tuesday 6th May, Sunderland (h) Thursday 8th May and West Ham (h) Sunday 11th May as slotting the Sunderland game in there impacts on no other teams apart from ourselves and Sunderland who would also be playing 4 games in 8 days

Wrong.

There is nothing to stop City playing Saturday-Monday to accommodate the Villa or the Sunderland match most weeks in April even if there are Champions' League matches on Tuesday and Wednesday. That leaves two free mid-week slots in April and May to fit in the other match and the Liverpool fixture.

Due to Sunday or Monday fixtures the only available Monday to play Sunderland in March or April is the 17th March just over a week after the FA cup 6th round; would Villa agree to play 2 games in 2 days when they can cite a couple of free weeks where they have no midweek fixture?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.