Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture(s) vs. Sunderland & Villa (Edited)

blue7071 said:
Mate works at club he told me we will play Sunderland on the 16 April and Villa on the 6 May
It will not be this if we beat Wigan and get to the semi of the FAC as we will have another fixture to play at Liverpool (supposed to be 12thApr which is the semi final weekekend) as well as those two so there will have to be some fixture changes to accommodate all three of them before the season finishes.

There may well be, for example, a game brought forward to Good Friday and one of these games played on Easter Monday.

It is one hell of a pickle all this! There are plenty of possibilities for midweek games. Also, TV games haven't been confirmed as far as I am aware up to the end of the season so there may be scope to push them back to Sundays/Mondays where required. Guess we can only predict now as we don't know the outcome of the champions league/FA Cup as of yet and what those implications will be.

Viagogo has the Villa game down for the 18th May but surely not, season finishes on the 11th and FA Cup Final is on the 17th

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Viagogo has the Villa game down for the 18th May but surely not, season finishes on the 11th and FA Cup Final is on the 17th

We will not be allowed to play games after the agreed final date of the season. I think games will have to be crammed in ahead of that deadline. Unless the FA decide to move the final games back but that will disrupt the entire footballing calendar so it is unlikely (especially ahead of a world cup year). I believe it will be a case of midweek games - fortunately our games in hand will be home games mainly.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
You can't play games after the established final game of the season for everyone else.

Why can Celtic play a premier league game tonight? Surely if the English premier league can't be on the same night as the champions league the Scottish league should have the same rules?

goater1978 said:
Why can Celtic play a premier league game tonight? Surely if the English premier league can't be on the same night as the champions league the Scottish league should have the same rules?

They don't see SPL games as a threat to UCL audience while Premier league games are a different ball game.

Dunne's own goal said:
goater1978 said:

They don't see SPL games as a threat to UCL audience while Premier league games are a different ball game.

I don't see how they can impose different rules on different federations. It seems unfair.

goater1978 said:
Dunne's own goal said:
goater1978 said:

I don't see how they can impose different rules on different federations. It seems unfair.

I think we (the PL) agreed to it.

Do games have to be played in order they were posted? Liverpool could well be a title decide if they keep winning games so I'm sure sky will want it and have their say in when it's played

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.