Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture vs. Sunderland.

El Ingeniero de Noruega said:
If FA rearrange fixture vs. Sunderland on same nights as European competitions then they are morons. Lol.

UEFA guidelines state that Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup matches must not clash with fixtures in the Champions League and Europa League.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8673708/

Only guidelines

Should just play it on a CL night , what can UEfA do? It's not like its on live tv or anything

Pretty sure the FA scheduled a game on a champions league night a couple of years ago and it didnt go down well at UEFA.

So not a rule, but they'll avoid it if possible.

Didsbury Dave said:
Going out of one or even both other cups over the next few days really won't be the end of the world, and could be the difference between winning the title and not.
Players are wholly capable of playing twice a week, every week. But managers rotate players earlier in the season so that by later in the season, when the fixture pile-up comes with one big game after another, players are even fresher for it all and ready for Tuesday-Saturday-Wedensday-Sunday-Wedensday-Saturday-Tuesday-Sunday.

There is still opportunity to rotate with the home Prem games we have, like we have done all season.

I'm gunning for the lot! or at least getting as far as we can in the lot.

In 2004-05 Chelsea won the FL Cup, got to the Fifth Round Proper of the FA Cup, got the the Semi-final of the CL and won the Prem. Every season United have got to the CL final, they've won the Prem. In the last fifteen years these teams have won a treble - United Barça Inter and München. Gary Neville has said before that by the time the last section of the season comes it's better to be in as many competitions as possible because it can build momentum and you can feel unstoppable.

Plus, do you not want to knock United out of the CL in the Quarter-final? ;)

here what you are saying. Concern for me is the limited squad size - and tired players are more likely to get injured, and the more games you play then the more chances you have of getting injuries. Agree we should go for the lot - realistically my aspirations are that I could cope with a domestic treble, (and move on to a quadruple next season, with a stronger squad)

sunderland till i die said:
how about a deal?

we win the league cup final

you beat us in the premier league rearranged fixture

we stay up

you win the premier league

we beat man utd away again and do the poznan this time at old trafford

cost them a place in europe!!!!!!

see you in london

Let´s see - do you have to play Arse , Chavs and Pool? Will you take points off them?

Mmmmmmm......... - not sure about this - deal seems a little one sided too me

Enjoy the final anyhow - you guys deserve it!

how about a deal?

we stay up

see you in london

(spits on hand nd shakes) done sir :D

how about a deal?

we stay up

see you in london

I hope we win the PL and you stay up. As for the LC final, may the best team win, please!

The Fat el Hombre said:
This chelsea game in the FA cup is exactly the reasons why those daft twats who in the cup draw threads say shit like "I'll take the best team please that's what football is all about TALLY HO" are fucking idiots. If we'd drawn a minnow at home we could rest our players for Barca and still progress in the FA CUP and fight on four fronts. As it is we're probably going to have to surrender either the FA cup or Champs league. Either that or there's a good chance we could surrender the champs league, fa cup and title

That's exactly what I thought when we came out of the hat at home, then we got the worst possible team. If Aguero and Ferna are secretly going to be fit for Barca then we can go for it a bit more today, if not I can't see any option other than to rest key players. I wouldn't be surprised if Kompany, Silva, Zabaleta, Yaya and Negredo are rested today. Hate to see us get knocked out today, but I'd hate going to Barca in a few weeks knowing we are already beaten more.

Cant see one single reason why we shouldnt go balls out both today and tuesday

rest players? why?

if certain players cant give 100% in two of our most important games of the season I would have to question their attitude not to mention their fitness

if its a question of affecting stamina tone down on training...as far as injuries go we wouldnt play any matches at all if we're that scared

So with Sunderland winning today, if we get a result which is not a draw against Chelski would that mean we can play the league game when FA Cup replays will be due?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.