Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture vs. Sunderland.

Begbie said:
Cant see one single reason why we shouldnt go balls out both today and tuesday

rest players? why?

if certain players cant give 100% in two of our most important games of the season I would have to question their attitude not to mention their fitness

if its a question of affecting stamina tone down on training...as far as injuries go we wouldnt play any matches at all if we're that scared

I love posts like this. Newsflash: Today isn't one of the most important games of the season. The two games against Barca, the league cup final and every single league game between now and the end of the season are more important. In fact, unless we win or lose the league with a game or so to go, today will be the least important game of the season and that is why they'll be changes.

The two things that can go wrong today are injuries to key players or a replay. Other than that the game is a bonus at this point. Yes we'll go all out to win but it won't be with a full strength team.

mancity dan

Unread postby mancity dan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:54 pm

So with Sunderland winning today, if we get a result which is not a draw against Chelski would that mean we can play the league game when FA Cup replays will be due?

I would say yes. Wednesday 5th March.

NMB said:
mancity dan

Unread postby mancity dan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:54 pm

So with Sunderland winning today, if we get a result which is not a draw against Chelski would that mean we can play the league game when FA Cup replays will be due?

I would say yes. Wednesday 5th March.

Thanks NMB

jay_mcfc said:
Begbie said:
Cant see one single reason why we shouldnt go balls out both today and tuesday

rest players? why?

if certain players cant give 100% in two of our most important games of the season I would have to question their attitude not to mention their fitness

if its a question of affecting stamina tone down on training...as far as injuries go we wouldnt play any matches at all if we're that scared

I love posts like this. Newsflash: Today isn't one of the most important games of the season. The two games against Barca, the league cup final and every single league game between now and the end of the season are more important. In fact, unless we win or lose the league with a game or so to go, today will be the least important game of the season and that is why they'll be changes.

The two things that can go wrong today are injuries to key players or a replay. Other than that the game is a bonus at this point. Yes we'll go all out to win but it won't be with a full strength team.
Newsflash...its the most important game in the FA cup to date...no second chances in knockout comps in case you hadnt realised

If you had qualified your comment by saying 'In my opinion the FA cup is not important' then you might have a clearer point but only in your opinion....

I happen to think otherwise...

Begbie said:
Newsflash...its the most important game in the FA cup to date...no second chances in knockout comps in case you hadnt realised

If you had qualified your comment by saying 'In my opinion the FA cup is not important' then you might have a clearer point but only in your opinion....

Newsflash: You said this was one of our two most important games of the season. It's not. Luckily for you MP agrees with you and Zab, Kompany, Silva and Yaya are all playing. That's me on tenterhooks for the game then.

jay_mcfc said:
Begbie said:

Newsflash: You said this was one of our two most important games of the season. It's not. Luckily for you MP agrees with you and Zab, Kompany, Silva and Yaya are all playing. That's me on tenterhooks for the game then.
newsflash: its the most important game in the FA cup...maybe you can think of other more important ones?

I dont see why MP wouldnt think the same...any competition that this particular group of players can win together will be invaluable in the seasons to come

greasedupdeafguy said:
So I presume the villa game will be rearranged as well.

This is insane, we will be 3 games behind our title contenders. We will be playing a lot of league games in a small span of days. That said it could be helpful to know our target before hand for the points needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.