Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture vs. Sunderland.

john@staustell said:
west didsblue said:
Does anyone know if we are trying to negotiate with UEFA for permission to play the game on a CL evening? Due to the exceptional circumstances they might let us do this if we have an early kick off.

Not sure it's negotiable!

certainly not for us, not UEFA

Nellie said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
If it is true that it cant be arranged during CL nights then the only 3 weeks that the game can be played are:-

Week commencing the 14th April.
Week commencing the 5th May.
Week commencing the 12th May.

Not sure what happens as regards FA Cup replays. I take it they can be played on the same night as CL and it is just domestic league games that can't?
15th or 16th April for Sunderland (re-arranged)?

Any news yet?

(Nothing on the OS.)

...oh and what about the Villa game scheduled for 8th March (still listed on the OS!). We're at home to Wigan in the cup on that date (or the day after) now!
Not a chance of it happening week commencing 12th may

Didsbury Dave said:
Going out of one or even both other cups over the next few days really won't be the end of the world, and could be the difference between winning the title and not.

What? And blow the chance of the quad.

john@staustell said:
west didsblue said:
Does anyone know if we are trying to negotiate with UEFA for permission to play the game on a CL evening? Due to the exceptional circumstances they might let us do this if we have an early kick off.

Not sure it's negotiable!

It is, Liverpool played against Everton on a CL day.

It is negotiable - but not normally on a "contingency" basis. So we can't assume we beat Wigan and would need the Liverpool league game moving.

If we lose to Barca we have CL Quarter Final dates to use - or if we lost in the QFs there are two CL semi-final dates we could use. But if we got through the Quarter-Finals, we would run out of midweeks. March 18/19 is CL night but apparently we can't rearrange a game for then because we don't know we'll beat Barca and don't know we'll beat Wigan - at least that seems to be the Premier League's stance.

We could play on Monday 17 March (after the Saturday 12.45 KO at Hull) - I can't imagine Villa fancying that after playing Chelsea at 5.30 on the Sat but Sunderland might be OK, they're at home to Palace at 3 pm on the Saturday. But any replay v Wigan would need that night.

Whoever said WBA might move to Easter Monday, that's CL week and we hope still to be in it.

Do you think they would play this on the same night the rags play away in the CL? That would be hilarious.

Can't be played on a Champions League night. Hull are having to play their replay against Brighton on Monday.

I remember a couple of years ago we had a 5pm mid week kick off against Porto in the Europa League on a Wednesday. I think this was to avoid clashing with the CL. Surely we could do something similar. I know it would badly affect many ST holders ability to attend but that's a sacrifice I'm sure a lot of people would be prepared to make, particularly if the club did something like providing a free ticket for ST holders for the Wigan game.

Hull v Brighton Have been told they will have to play their 5th round replay on a Monday night because of the Champions League.

berryblue said:
Hull v Brighton Have been told they will have to play their 5th round replay on a Monday night because of the Champions League.
Bang out of order that, who honestly gives a fuck if they play that whilst the chumps league is on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.