Recommend a Car

BottomsYeah, I've arranged loads of test drives, one of which is a T-Roc. They're meant to be great on acceleration and performance.
For a 1.5 engine they are quick of the mark
If you get the dsg relatively speaking of course.
They do have a few minor points though
The later model 23 on have dodgy touch sensitive controls instead of dials these are a pain to use while you’re moving
And the lane assist can catch you out if you don’t use the indicators changing lanes.
But they are a very comfortable car and really good on fuel.

Bought & paid for and not a minutes trouble from any of them…much like Putin’s gays!

The UK’s macho car culture strikes me as something many men use to make up for some other decrement in their life…at significant cost in price, gas & insurance…but I bet the chicks dig it!

I’m thinking Land Cruiser or Defender 110 to replace the wife’s car, seeing as she drives the Y more than me! Do either of those qualify for a man card, or am I too late? Please don’t tell me I’m too late, I REALLY need a new man card!

Oh wait, that sounded gay!

Most important thing about a car in the US is how many cup holders it has. In the rest of the world it’s how fast it can get to 62mph.

Probably the second most important thing in the US is how comfy it is. No one gives a fuck in our pot hole infested roads because you always feel like you’re being interrogated by the KGB be you in a 1982 Metro or a 2024 Merc S class. Our roads are a great social leveller.

The RoW has dream cars you have dream assault rifles.

The reasons for these priority disparities is a lack of paying top trumps as children in the US. Whilst I have absolutely no evidence to back this up it’s the only possible conclusion.

Most important thing about a car in the US is how many cup holders it has. In the rest of the world it’s how fast it can get to 62mph.

Probably the second most important thing in the US is how comfy it is. No one gives a fuck in our pot hole infested roads because you always feel like you’re being interrogated by the KGB be you in a 1982 Metro or a 2024 Merc S class. Our roads are a great social leveller.

The reasons for these priority disparities is a lack of paying top trumps as children in the US. Whilst I have absolutely no evidence to back this up it’s the only possible conclusion.
I've relied to this solely because of the Merc S Class mention, I know they are expensive (to maintain also) but there is nothing better. It drives like I imagination floating on a cloud, if possible, would feel, power performance and absolute luxury, it is an incredible vehicle and, in my opinion, as good as it gets.

Just a quick edit to add - I'm not a rich bloke, or a tosser or a wanker or an arrogant nob, or a look at me dickhead, or a ....well you get the picture (hopefully)

Last edited:
I've just got a Peugeot 3008 2020. It's excellent value for money.

Mum has one too and she loves hers and has been great.

Peugeot and Renault used to be unreliable, but those days seem to be gone as they have to compete on reliability.
you drive the same car as your MUM! (shakes head...)

I've relied to this solely because of the Merc S Class mention, I know they are expensive (to maintain also) but there is nothing better. It drives like I imagination floating on a cloud, if possible, would feel, power performance and absolute luxury, it is an incredible vehicle and, in my opinion, as good as it gets.

Just a quick edit to add - I'm not a rich bloke, or a tosser or a wanker or an arrogant nob, or a look at me dickhead, or a ....well you get the picture (hopefully)

Many moons ago a work colleague said to me why buy a new Ford Mondeo when you can buy a second hand S class for the same money. I’ve never owned one but did buy an Audi A8L and it was the mutts knackers with every gadget going had air suspension as well which was fantastic. Absolute rocket of a car as well - might have got a Ford RS to move out of my way after he was giving it some beans on a private road - and I bet I paid far less than he had for his RS.

Worst thing was people would hit it in car parks all the time.

As you say the bills weren’t ever going to be cheap if it went wrong but it meant you can pick them up for a fraction of their new costs as no one wants them when they out of warranty. And it was very reliable.

I found a couple of Top Trumps in an old storage box recently, motorbikes and planes, you always wanted the Munchen 6 cyl

What about a vw van? Costlee at the outset but retain their value for ages
I’ve had a Skoda Octavia green line 1.6 diesel for years. It’s done 160000mls (I’ve done the 60k.) it’s a proper workhorse and the missus hates getting in it. But apart from looking a bit boring it’s never let me down. I bought it from SK1 cars in Stockport. I’d buy another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.