Red Cafe in meltdown

i,m actually loving the fact that they can no longer attract the big players , it used to be that we didnt stand a chance with the likes of Pogba etc , and had to settle for scraps ,whoever was available and willing to come to us , now the tables have turned , its they who are snubbed nowadays , this is a major factor in their decline now and subsequent struggle to return to whatever greatness they once had !!

I'll be accused of sticking up for United here but they beat us to Sanchez and Fred. They attract players over us by throwing daft money at them that's all. The tables have fully turned where we are buying mostly youngsters with potential and progressing them whilst they are buying ready mades/has beens at over the odds.

I'll be accused of sticking up for United here but they beat us to Sanchez and Fred. They attract players over us by throwing daft money at them that's all. The tables have fully turned where we are buying mostly youngsters with potential and progressing them whilst they are buying ready mades/has beens at over the odds.

You not read your PM's ?

They beat us to these players because of their desperation, would you pay £4.50 for a pint or £50 a pint if you were in a pub? Thats the mindset of the rag hierarchy, they buy someone at all costs no consideration for their wage structure and what it will do for putting other players noses out of joint, no consideration of how they will be integrated into the team hence why Sanchez and Lukaku are now sat on the bench, no consideration of what happens for moving players on. Hence why they had to pay Rooney's wages at Everton to get him off the books and they will have a big task moving Sanchez on if he wants out. Who would pay those wages?

They beat us to these players because of their desperation, would you pay £4.50 for a pint or £50 a pint if you were in a pub? Thats the mindset of the rag hierarchy, they buy someone at all costs no consideration for their wage structure and what it will do for putting other players noses out of joint, no consideration of how they will be integrated into the team hence why Sanchez and Lukaku are now sat on the bench, no consideration of what happens for moving players on. Hence why they had to pay Rooney's wages at Everton to get him off the books and they will have a big task moving Sanchez on if he wants out. Who would pay those wages?

Yeah they are basically us of a few years ago. That was my point, someone saying they can't buy names was just silly though. They can and will buy names because they will just throw money at them.

Feel this thread is a bit overdue, given how gleeful they are in their equivalent when we lose. Besides, I hate having a United megathread for everything about them.

To kick you off, we have this, the most lame capitulation to a defeat that you could imagine:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/when-you-consider-the-gap-between-the-two-sides.442829/

To be fair to them, there are a lot of sensible posts in that thread. Many of them are saying that while we've spent a lot of money, they have too, and the reason for the gulf is down to the managers and the fact that we have a discernible plan, whereas United don't.

To be fair to them, there are a lot of sensible posts in that thread. Many of them are saying that while we've spent a lot of money, they have too, and the reason for the gulf is down to the managers and the fact that we have a discernible plan, whereas United don't.

Thats the only sensible thread, their 'Oil money in football' thread is like a bunch of jealous 14 year olds crying and taking their ball home. They have zero self awareness when they keep talking about hidden off shore accounts.

I don’t know why we spend to much time on them. They might be our closest rival in terms of location but that’s where it ends. Dippers, chavs, spuds. are all more of a realistic threat. I can understand now why the rags used to class the dippers as their main game of the season when we were shite, i now feel the same way about them I’d be more worried about the dippers coming here than them.Anybody who thought they would come here yesterday and turn us over needs sectioning, Watford would have given us a better game. There irrelevant to us now like we were to them it’s quite embarrassing actually you would have thought they were champions of England reading some of the posts before the game. Their time has been and gone were 10 years ahead of them. There just an annoyance twice a season now nothing more.

I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with you that that we can just ignore the rags now.

For all the years that we we no threat to them, they took the piss relentlessly. 30 years of having to suck it up cannot simply be forgotten overnight.

Their recent results, especially the win in Turin, show that they are still capable of pulling off wins when it looks like they’re going to lose.

The rags might be shit, but we ignore them at our peril.

I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with you that that we can just ignore the rags now.

For all the years that we we no threat to them, they took the piss relentlessly. 30 years of having to suck it up cannot simply be forgotten overnight.

Their recent results, especially the win in Turin, show that they are still capable of pulling off wins when it looks like they’re going to lose.

The rags might be shit, but we ignore them at our peril.

It seems some posters pal have more time worrying about them though

The rags might be shit, but we ignore them at our peril.[/QUOTE

As my original post stated the your derby at Macclesfield days are long gone if not forgotten. Yes they won in Turin. Like we used to win the odd game that we wasn’t supposed to when we were shit. Anyone who seriously thinks they can challenge us anytime soon are living in cloud cuckoo land

I think the most pertinent point about this is they keep saying we are going to run away with the title as we have spent more than anyone else, by their own logic surely they are going to run away with 2nd place?
Money helps and nobody can deny that but it has to be spent wisely, identify where you need to strengthen and act upon it. and you then need to coach the players and demand the work rate from them.
I always ask United fans why did they need Sanchez? they already had Martial and Rashford who play left wing, if they bought a left back to support Shaw then they could also free Young up as cover for the left side.
They were crying out for a right winger to give balance and they still are, Why pay £75 million on Pogba? why spend £90 million on Pogba?
They keep going on that we came from a better starting position and so it's not fair to compare spending, well at the start of the takeover we were a million miles behind them. The difference was we had a long term plan.

This claim that we were in a far better position, squad-wise, when the current managers arrived is a load of horseshit. There are still more pre-PEG "players" at the swamp than there are pre-Pep players at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.