Red Cafe in meltdown

With regard to wages increase, and Premier league rules (aka the premier leagues own FFP), don’t these figures seem to indicate they’ve broken them?
If someone with considerably more brain power than I have today could make sense of the maths.

E.18.
If any of Contract Years 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19, the sum of a Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments exceeds £67m, £74m or £81m, respectively, the relevant Club must elect to either: (a) be assessed by the Board on the ‘Prior Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.19 applies); or (b) be assessed by the Board on the ‘2012/13 Base Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.20 applies).
E.19.
Where the Club has elected to be assessed on the ‘Prior Year Basis’, the Club must satisfy the Board of any of the following:
E.19.1. that the sum of the Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments has not increased by more than £7m when compared to the previous Contract Year;
E.19.2. that the excess increase, over and above the £7m referred to at Rule E.19.1, arises as a result of contractual commitments entered into on or before 31 January 2013, and/or has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift as compared to the previous Contract Year and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit; or
E.19.3. that the excess increase, over and above the figures set out in Rule E.18, as applicable, has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit.
E.20.
Where the Club has elected to be assessed on the ‘2012/13 Base Year Basis’, the Club must satisfy the Board of any of the following:
E.20.1. that the sum of the Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments has not increased by more than £19m (in Contract Year 2016/17), £26m (in Contract Year 2017/18) or £33m (in Contract Year 2018/19), as applicable, when compared with Contract Year 2012/13; or
E.20.2. that the excess increase, over and above the figures referred to at Rule E.20.1, arises as a result of contractual commitments entered into on or before 31 January 2013, and/or has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift as compared with the like figures in Contract Year 2012/13 and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit.

From
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazo...f80-8f46-64c6e2e1b929/PL_Handbook-2018-19.pdf
Via premier league website

EDIT : mods please move to main United thread, ta
Nah it's earnt noodle money,nothing to see here.

With regard to wages increase, and Premier league rules (aka the premier leagues own FFP), don’t these figures seem to indicate they’ve broken them?
If someone with considerably more brain power than I have today could make sense of the maths.

E.18.
If any of Contract Years 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19, the sum of a Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments exceeds £67m, £74m or £81m, respectively, the relevant Club must elect to either: (a) be assessed by the Board on the ‘Prior Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.19 applies); or (b) be assessed by the Board on the ‘2012/13 Base Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.20 applies).
E.19.
Where the Club has elected to be assessed on the ‘Prior Year Basis’, the Club must satisfy the Board of any of the following:
E.19.1. that the sum of the Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments has not increased by more than £7m when compared to the previous Contract Year;
E.19.2. that the excess increase, over and above the £7m referred to at Rule E.19.1, arises as a result of contractual commitments entered into on or before 31 January 2013, and/or has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift as compared to the previous Contract Year and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit; or
E.19.3. that the excess increase, over and above the figures set out in Rule E.18, as applicable, has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit.
E.20.
Where the Club has elected to be assessed on the ‘2012/13 Base Year Basis’, the Club must satisfy the Board of any of the following:
E.20.1. that the sum of the Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments has not increased by more than £19m (in Contract Year 2016/17), £26m (in Contract Year 2017/18) or £33m (in Contract Year 2018/19), as applicable, when compared with Contract Year 2012/13; or
E.20.2. that the excess increase, over and above the figures referred to at Rule E.20.1, arises as a result of contractual commitments entered into on or before 31 January 2013, and/or has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift as compared with the like figures in Contract Year 2012/13 and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit.

From
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazo...f80-8f46-64c6e2e1b929/PL_Handbook-2018-19.pdf

The FFP stuff would be calculated over a twelve month period not one quarter.

E.18.
E.19.
E.20.

From

These are quarterly numbers. They've got 9 months to find a new Indonesian sanitary partner to cover the wage increase.

From a post on Red Cafe

“I'd be disappointed to see us as another shitty oil funded club. I'd get a kick out of the hypocrisy of the press and City fans crying if we start spending more than them but that's about it. If we are funded by this mob we'll have free reign on the market almost since it's still a big club with history (unlike City) so the biggest names in the market would be a lot more willing to join but it would feel dirty going out there and breaking the bank signing 50-60m players just for the bench and 5 defenders for 300m and such.

I don't want to see this happen but it the thought affects me less than it would a few years ago because I've loved the game less and less due to the direction it's been going”

They‘ve spent more than us on transfers since the first year we won the Prem in 11/12 - €1.03 Bill v €950 mil.
And the bit about their bench not having 50-60m players on it - can anybody remind me how much £ Lukakakaku, Fred & Sanchez were ?
We had Sané who was £50 mil.
They are in fantasy land some of their fans.

CTID
I read that last night and my fucking cheeks were hurting with the continual broad grin on my gob.

Thats the only sensible thread, their 'Oil money in football' thread is like a bunch of jealous 14 year olds crying and taking their ball home. They have zero self awareness when they keep talking about hidden off shore accounts.

There's nothing that will educate that bunch of utter fuckwits though, so why waste energy on them.

I find it absolutely incredulous that so many totally deluded and clearly bitter people ( even amongst football fans ) can exist in such a bloody bubble.

It is a very sad indictment of the human race that those lemmings and half-wits actually exist and function in society .

howto-sell-your-soul-to-the-devil-for-fame-and-money-43.jpg

96557354.jpg

city_fans.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.